This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Energy Balls tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough! These secretly healthy snacks are so chocolatey, insanely delicious, and a great recipe to make with the kiddos!
Easy No Bake Energy Bites
Healthy chocolate chip cookie dough? Count y Bites me in! These Chocolate Chip Cookie Energy Bites taste like dessert, but they’re packed with good-for-you ingredients.
This simple snack is quick to prep and can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer for an easy grab-and-go snack anytime. These protein balls are gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, and no-bake!
Looking for more energy bites recipes? Check out these 30 No Bake Energy Bites!
Are Energy Bites Healthy?
Heck yes they are! These protein balls are loaded with fiber, protein, and natural sugars. They taste like chocolate chip cookie dough, but make an excellent energy-boosting, on-the-go snack.
- Medjool Dates: Dates add so much natural sweetness and help bind all of the ingredients together.
- Almonds: I use whole unsalted almonds.
- Vanilla Extract: Adds flavor depth and a little extra sweetness.
- Seeds: I use a combination of ground flax seeds and chia seeds to give the bites an extra boost of nutrition.
- Chocolate Chips: Enjoy Life’s mini chocolate chips are my favorite.
- Optional Add-Ins: I like to save some of the chocolate chips to melt and drizzle over the energy bites. I also will sometimes add a scoop of protein powder to make them even more nutrient dense.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Energy Bites
This simple energy bites recipe takes just 5 minutes to come together
- Combine all ingredients: In a food processor, pulse dates, almonds, protein powder, flax, chai, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips. Use a spatula to stir in the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Form the balls: Form the mixture into equal sized balls, then store in the fridge.
- Add melted chocolate (optional): Melt 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips until smooth, then drizzle over the protein bites.
Tips and Notes
- Blend well. We want everything to be blended evenly so you don’t end up with any big chunks and so the protein balls can hold their shape. I recommend processing the mixture for somewhere between 3-4 minutes. Once the mixture forms into a ball in the food processor, it’s ready to go.
- Use mini chocolate chips. They incorporate better into the energy bites. If the chocolate chips are too big, the balls won’t hold their shape as well.
- Mix the chocolate chips in with a spatula. If you try to pulse them into the mixture with the food processor, you’ll end up just blending them with the other ingredients.
How to Store
The finished protein balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
I don’t recommend storing them at room temperature. They can become too soft and sticky!
Can You Freeze Energy Balls?
Absolutely! This protein balls recipe makes an excellent freezer-friendly snack as well. Simply assemble as directed, flash freeze on a baking sheet until hardened, then transfer to a large ziplock bag and store for up to 1 month.
You can enjoy them straight from the freezer or thaw them in the fridge!
More Energy Ball Recipes to Try
- PB and J Oatmeal Energy Balls
- Nut Free Energy Bites
- Tart Cherry Coconut Energy Bites
- Mint Chip Energy Balls
Watch the Video
Chocolate Chip Cookie Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/3 cup whole unsalted almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Enjoy Life's mini chocolate chips
- Optional: 3 additional tbsp chocolate chips for melting
- Optional: 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- In a food processor, pulse dates, almonds, protein powder, flax, chai, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon chocolate chips until a ball forms. Should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove food processor bowl. Mix in the rest of the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Form mixture into equal sized balls and store in the fridge.
- Optional: Melt additional 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips until smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over protein bites.