Coconut Curry Ceviche & San Fran Blogger Trip
This Coconut Curry Ceviche is simple to prepare, flavorful, and fresh. It’s made with the perfect flavors for any summer night, and it’s made dairy-free! Spruce up your plating by serving it in a coconut, or just serve in a bowl and devour!
In February I attended an amazing blogger trip in San Francisco. It was a great group of bloggers and a great trip filled with AMAZING food. We ate a lot, as food bloggers would, and had such a fun time exploring the city. This Coconut Curry Ceviche is from a meal we had at E&O Kitchen and Bar. It was SO good that I knew I had to share it with you!
Scenes from the trip:
Where We Stayed:
We stayed at Hilton San Francisco Union Square. The location, the room, and the hospitality in the hotel is beyond fantastic. They go above and beyond, and for a large hotel, they do a fabulous job of making it feel small for the guests. Cityscape (on the 46th floor) had the absolute best views of the city, and had amazing cocktails and appetizers!
What We Did:
Avital Walking Food Tour of Mission District: amazing foodie tour with fabulous stops in the Mission district.
Tour of Heath Ceramics: a tour of their San Fran studio!
Macaron workshop at Chantal Guillon: This was incredible. An amazing, fun experience and they even made custom macrons with our logos on them!
Edible Excursions Japantown Food Walking Tour: A great tour of Japan town with a ton of fabulous stops for any foodie!
Where We Ate:
Dinner at E&O Kitchen & Bar
Dinner at Charlie Palmer’s Burritt Room + Tavern
Dinner at Urban Tavern
It was an amazing trip filled with fabulous food, good friends, and great things to do in the city!
Now… this recipe! A must-make!
I mean, how good does this look? No cooking required!
Coconut Curry Ceviche
- Prep Time: 55 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1/2 pound local white fish (see notes)
- 1 red chili, minced
- 1 red bell peppers, minced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1 mango, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, from about 4 limes
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Thai style green curry paste, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1 bag Tarro Chips
- Optional: 1 whole coconut, halved, for serving
- Dice the fish into bite sized pieces and place into small bowl. Pour enough fresh lime juice to cover or submerge the fish and let sit in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to one hour, save the rest of the lime juice to add in later.
- Once the fish has turned opaque, strain off all excess liquid and place into a clean bowl.
- Add the minced chilies, bell peppers, onions, and mangoes and mix together with a large spoon.
- Add enough coconut milk to the mix to lightly coat all of the ingredients.
- Add green curry paste ½ of a teaspoon at a time until it is to your liking. Add fish sauce, salt and pepper. Fold in the chopped cilantro.
- Toss to combine. Assemble and serve.
- *We used fresh halibut, but you can use white sea bass. We chatted with our local seafood market about the best fresh fish for ceviche.
- *Recipe adapted from Executive Chef Sharon Nahm of E&O Kitchen and Bar and printed with permission.
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 10.6g
- Sodium: 491mg
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
April 14, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!