My new favorite Fall faux pasta dish is this Creamy Pumpkin Casserole. I love savory pumpkin dishes just as much as I love baked goods with pumpkin in it! This creamy casserole has pumpkin, spinach, and chicken slathered in the most delicious sauce, then baked to perfection.
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Pacific Foods to bring you today’s recipe. It’s not one you’ll want to miss! It uses both a dairy-free milk and their pumpkin puree (which is my all-time favorite), more on that below.
Look at that creamy bite of heaven!
Let’s talk about pumpkin puree for a second. This pumpkin from Pacific Foods is hands down my favorite. There’s only ONE ingredient: Pumpkin. That’s it, friends, nothing added! It has a great shelf life, is smooth and delicious, and is often a great sub in cooking and baking. In my recipes that call for applesauce, I’ll often sub it for pumpkin puree for a wonderful twist! AND personally, I find easier to store versus can, if you don’t use it all!
- 1 large spaghetti squash, about 5 cups cooked
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups pumpkin or squash of choice, peeled and diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups spinach
- Optional: 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo, homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons Pacific Foods Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tablespoons Pacific Foods Original Almond Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Pinch of cinnamon
For the sauce
Loading nutrition data...
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!