Homemade Paleo Mayo is so easy to make, using a handful of ingredients you likely already have on hand and made in under 5 minutes!
Have you ever read mayonnaise ingredients? It can be so hard to find one without canola oil or soybean oil. Good thing homemade is super easy! And it tastes to amazing compared to anything you’ll find in the store–it’s creamy, flavorful and improves any dish it is used with.
What is your favorite use for mayo? Right now, mine is different variations of chicken salad such as this Apple Dill Chicken Salad.
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup light olive oil or avocado oil (or a mix)
For Spicy Mayo
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
In a blender:
- Add egg, lemon juice, mustard, salt and and pepper into the blender basin and turn on until combined. With motor running very, very slowly add the oil in in drips until the mayo thickens.
- Taste to adjust seasoning.
- In a food processor, pulse the egg, lemon juice, mustard, salt and and pepper until combined.
- With the machine running, very, very slowly drip in the oil until the mayo thickens.
- Taste and add additional salt if desired.
With an immersion blender
- Place all ingredients minus oil in a tall container (the container the blender came with is ideal)
- Using a hand immersion blender, blend until smooth
- While blender is on, very, very slowly drip in the oil and blend until the mayo thickens.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!