Paleo Thin Mints [VIDEO]
Looking for a healthier version of your favorite Girl Scout Cookie? These Paleo Thin Mints are just that! Crunchy, minty, chocolate-y, and just the right amount of sweetness! They are the REAL DEAL, while also being gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free!
Girl Scout season is here… and if you are visiting my website you are likely avoiding the adorable little girls outside of the supermarket. It’s been a long time, I mean a long time, since I have eaten one. Although they are delicious, I am happy these types of flours and sugars are out of my life. But let’s be real for a minute, I totally want a cookie!
Growing up I was definitely more of a Samoa/Tagalong kind of girl. As I grew up my palette switched to the Thin Mints. So naturally, I had to recreate.
These would be really good crumbled on top of a bowl of a thick vanilla protein smoothie. Just saying!
Watch the video:
Paleo Thin Mints [VIDEO]
- Author: Lexi
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 14 1x
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup good quality cocoa powder
- Dash himalayan sea salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 5 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- Chocolate Coating:
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, or more as needed
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients followed by wet ingredients. Make sure the butter is softened and at room temperature before adding it in. Use a fork to mix the dry and wet ingredients together until the butter is well incorporates and you have formed a pliable dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball and wrap it in parchment paper. Place the dough in the refrigerator and let chill for 30-45 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, pre-heat the oven to 350 ℉.
- Once dough has chilled, place it onto a piece of parchment paper. If the dough is soft, sprinkle additional tapioca flour onto the parchment before placing the dough onto it.
- Place a second sheet of parchment paper over the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. Make sure not to roll it any thinner. Thin dough will very be hard to lift. Use an off-set spatula to make the dough easier to lift.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies and gently lift them with a spatula to place them onto a sheet-tray lined with parchment paper (if dough is very soft roll it out and place it back into the refrigerator for an additional 10 minutes).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil. Once melted, add in peppermint extract. You can add more extract to taste, if you want the cookie to be extra minty!
- Using a spoon, dip cookies into the chocolate until fully coated and place back on the parchment paper. If the dipping chocolate is thick, add additional melted coconut oil to thin it out! Let chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- As tradition goes, store thin mints in the freezer!
- Just like meringues, a warm kitchen will effect the dough and cause it to be harder to deal with.
- Updated March 2017: recipe altered slightly to perfect.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 11.8g
- Sodium: 46mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Carbohydrates: 17.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!