3-Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
These chewy Almond Butter Cookies use only 3 ingredients you likely have in your home right now and are so addicting! The dough is made in 1-bowl, and ready in under 20 minutes. They are free from gluten, grains and refined sugar, but still perfectly delicious.
Easy Almond Butter Cookies
These flourless cookies truly just contain three ingredients, but you wouldn’t know it by the taste! It’s hard to believe a recipe can be this simple, yet still taste so complex and delicious. They are chewy, with a deep molasses flavor and sweetened just right. We hate to admit, but these almost feel like a healthy protein-filled treat! Ready in under 20 minutes, so they are the perfect cookie for when you are feeling the craving for something a little sweet, but need it now!
The Three Ingredients Needed
- Almond Butter
- Coconut Sugar
Since there are only a few ingredients in these cookies, it is tricky to substitute any of them out entirely. You can absolutely substitute in nearly any nut butter or even sunflower butter. We’ve tried making these cookies with both creamy nut butter and natural nut butters, as well as homemade almond butter, and they are all really successful.
We have not tried substituting in a flax egg.
This recipe calls for a less sweet cookie, as are often the case with the recipes on this website. If you want a cookie sweetened in the traditional sense, you can increase the amount of coconut sugar from 3/4 cup to 1 cup of sugar.
How to Make Almond Butter Cookies
The directions for making these cookies could not be easier: simply add ingredients to the bowl, and mix! That’s it!
To get that characteristic nut butter pattern on the cookie, take fork and press down on the dough twice to make a cross pattern.
These cookies take about 12 minutes to bake in the oven. They will spread and puff slightly, though not a lot. You’ll know they’ll be done because they have puffed up and just slightly turned a dark golden brown on the edges and the bottom of the cookie. If you are unsure if they are done, gently lift them up with a spatula to check the coloring on the bottom of the cookie. Once they are done, they will still be super soft, so be sure to let them cool for at least 20 minutes before handling.
Once cooled, the cookies can be stored at room temperature, covered for 3-5 days.
If you like this cookie recipe, check out these others:
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Maple Meringue Cookies
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cookies (With Maple Glaze)
Easy Almond Butter Cookies
These chewy Almond Butter Cookies use only 3 ingredients you likely have in your home right now and are so addicting! The dough is made in 1-bowl, and ready in under 20 minutes. They are free from gluten, grains and refined sugar but still perfectly delicious.
Yields about 9
Recipe Type: Cookies
Author: Lexi's Clean Kitchen
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Using a heavy spoon, mix the dough all together until fully combined.
- Roll the dough into heaping tablespoon sized balls and place the dough balls on baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Press a fork into the middle of the dough ball to flatten, and then remove the fork and repeat to make a cross pattern.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until set on the edges of the cookie.
- Place the baking sheet on a metal cooling rack and let cool for at least 20 minutes. The cookies will be really soft until they cool.
- Cookies can be stored at room temperature, covered for 3-5 days.
- The almond butter can be creamy or natural, no-added sugar, sweetened, crunchy or even homemade! They all work well.
- Virtually any nut butter or sun butter will also work here, including peanut butter, cashew butter!
- This cookie is on the less sweet side. If you'd like a traditionally sweetened cookie, increase the coconut sugar to 1 cup.
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!