This Gluten-free Healthy Pecan Pie is going to be beloved! Made with an easy-to-make gluten-free crust made from almond flour, it’s free of refined sugars and totally delicious. Serve at your next holiday gathering, or because you just really want some Pecan Pie!
Gluten Free Pecan Pie
This gorgeous Healthy Pecan Pie might look difficult to make, but it’s actually quite simple. have a flaky, buttery crust, and every bite has that sweet, warm and gooey, pecan pie taste you’ve always loved.
Ingredients for Healthy Pecan Pie
- 1 batch gluten-free pie dough
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Sugar
Preparing the Gluten Free Pie Dough
We are using our classic Gluten-Free Pie Crust for this recipe. If you want to read more about that, check out that post. While we typically call for chilling that pie dough before rolling it out, for this pie made in a tart pan, we found it easier to pat it into the pan right after making it.
The dough will be soft like playdough, and I find it easiest to scrape it out of the food processor and then place it on a lightly tapioca floured work surface. To prevent it from sticking to your hands, have a bowl of extra tapioca flour near by that you can dust on your hands and the dough to prevent it from sticking to you since it is soft.
How to Decorate the Top of the Pie
The recipe calls for pouring in the chopped pecan pie filling and then decorating the top of the pie with additional whole pecans. You can garnish the pie however you’d like with the whole pecans. We choose to lay the pecans in a circle around the edges of the pie, but leave the middle with the exposed filling.
Can you make this Gluten Free Pecan Pie ahead of time?
Yes, this pie can be baked up to two days ahead of time. Cover and keep at room temperature until ready to serve. In addition, the dough can be made up to two days ahead of time.
If you like this holiday pie, check out these others:
- Gluten Free Blueberry Pie
- Gluten Free Apple Pie
- S’mores Pie (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie (Nut-Free, Too!)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Make the pie dough. Pat the pie dough evenly into a 9” tart pan, using extra tapioca flour as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Add eggs, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt to a bowl and whisk together until fully combined. Slowly poor in the melted butter while whisking.
- Finely chop up 1-¼ cups of the pecans and add them to the egg mixture, stirring until combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie dough. Gently place the remaining pecan pieces on top of the mixture, as desired.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven until the edges have slightly puffed and the center of the filling is just nearly set, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!