These delicious Pizza Stuffed Peppers are everything you want in a dinner! Stuffed with ground turkey (or beef) and all the pizza fixings, this family friendly dinner will leave everybody happy. Plus it’s a great dish to prep ahead of time!
Pizza Stuffed Peppers
I basically would eat anything if you flavored it with “pizza”. Especially when it’s actually a healthy and delicious dinner that is kid-friendly! These Pizza Stuffed Peppers using a base of ground turkey or beef and all the pizza fixin’s like mushrooms, peppers, onions, pepperoni and cheese! There is plenty of room to customize based on what you want or have on hand.
What I love about stuffed peppers is that while they take a few pre-cook steps of getting the meat and veggies soft, the bulk of the cooking time is hands-off in the oven, and they are a great make ahead dish. You can either prep the whole thing ahead of time and bake when ready, or you can cook the stuffed peppers entirely and use them for meal prep dinner or lunch.
Do You Cook the Meat before Stuffing Peppers?
Yes! As with most stuffed peppers recipes, everything is precooked before going into the stuffed peppers, except the bell peppers themselves.
How To Make Stuffed Peppers
- Prep all the ingredients
- Cook the meat and veggies
- Blanch the Peppers
- Stuff the Peppers
- and bake!
How do you eat Stuffed Peppers?
There might be some controversy with this: Some like to eat the filling first and then cut up the pepper and eat it. Others might like to cut up the whole thing and eat the peppers with the filling. You do you, and choose which method of eating it sounds good to you!
Watch the video:
- 4-6 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 cups Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes or Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet heat oil and garlic for 1 minute. Add in diced onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey or beef and cook until browned. Add in mushrooms and mix to combine.
- Add in crushed or diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Add in spinach, mix, then reduce heat and let simmer for 8-10 minutes, taste and adjust spices as desired. Mix in pepperoni.
- While simmering, remove stems from the peppers and scrape out the ribs and seeds and since.
- Meanwhile blanch peppers: Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add prepped peppers and cook for two minutes. Remove from water and drain.
- Transfer peppers to a baking dish and fill the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is browned!
- You can omit the cheese for an equally tasty meal!
This post is sponsored by my friends at Tuttorosso Tomatoes. All opinions are 100% my own!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!