Easy delicious dinner alert! Pizza Stuffed Peppers because they’re easy to prepare, big on flavor, and a fun spin on pizza flavor with added protein and veggies!
Pizza Stuffed Peppers
Monday’s are an adjustment. You’re back at it after the weekend getting into your grove of the week. It’s the stuff you want to do from the weekends, like exercise, clean, relax, with the added bonus of work, kids, school, appointments, meetings, and whatever else that means for you. BUT, we can’t get off track with our eating. Prepping is so important for setting up your success for the week. So let’s make some delicious stuffed peppers that’ll double as lunch leftovers!
How To Make Stuffed Peppers
Watch the video:
- 4-6 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 cups Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes or Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1- 1 1/2 cup good quality mozzarella cheese
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet heat oil and garlic for 1 minute. Add in diced onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey or beef and cook until browned. Add in mushrooms and mix to combine.
- Add in crushed or diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Add in spinach, mix, then reduce heat and let simmer for 8-10 minutes, taste and adjust spices as desired. Mix in pepperoni.
- While simmering, remove stems from the peppers and scrape out the ribs and seeds and since.
- In a dutch oven, add enough water to cover peppers; a few cups.
- Once boiling, add in peppers and cook about 2 minutes; drain.
- Transfer peppers to a baking dish and fill the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is browned!
- You can omit the cheese for an equally tasty meal!
This post is sponsored by my friends at Tuttorosso Tomatoes. All opinions are 100% my own!
Do you have a go-to Monday night meal?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!