Pizza Stuffed Peppers
These delicious Pizza Stuffed Peppers are everything you want in a dinner! Stuffed with ground turkey (or beef) and all the pizza fixings, this family friendly dinner will leave everybody happy. Plus it’s a great dish to prep ahead of time!
Pizza Stuffed Peppers
I basically would eat anything if you flavored it with “pizza”. Especially when it’s actually a healthy and delicious dinner that is kid-friendly! These Pizza Stuffed Peppers using a base of ground turkey or beef and all the pizza fixin’s like mushrooms, peppers, onions, pepperoni and cheese! There is plenty of room to customize based on what you want or have on hand.
What I love about stuffed peppers is that while they take a few pre-cook steps of getting the meat and veggies soft, the bulk of the cooking time is hands-off in the oven, and they are a great make ahead dish. You can either prep the whole thing ahead of time and bake when ready, or you can cook the stuffed peppers entirely and use them for meal prep dinner or lunch.
- Bell Peppers
- Onion + Garlic
- Ground Turkey or Ground Beef
- Canned Tomatoes
- Salt + Pepper + Spices
- Fresh Spinach
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil
Do You Cook the Meat before Stuffing Peppers?
Yes! As with most stuffed peppers recipes, everything is precooked before going into the stuffed peppers, except the bell peppers themselves.
How To Make Stuffed Peppers
- Prep all the ingredients
- Cook the meat and veggies
- Stuff the Peppers
- Then bake!
How do you eat Stuffed Peppers?
There might be some controversy with this: Some like to eat the filling first and then cut up the pepper and eat it. Others might like to cut up the whole thing and eat the peppers with the filling. You do you, and choose which method of eating it sounds good to you!
Watch the video:
If you like this pepper recipe, check out these others:
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
- One Pot Pantry Pasta with Chickpeas and Peppers
Pizza Stuffed Peppers
These delicious Pizza Stuffed Peppers are everything you want in a dinner! Stuffed with ground turkey (or beef) and all the pizza fixings, this family friendly dinner will leave everybody happy. Plus it's a great dish to prep ahead of time!
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely diced mushrooms
- 1 lb. ground turkey or ground beef
- 1-28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Basil, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Prepare peppers: Remove the top 1” portion of the pepper, discard the stem and slice any usable pieces from the top portion and set aside. Scrape out the ribs and seeds and discard. Place peppers upright in a baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add in mushrooms and cook until all the moisture has been released, about 5-7 minutes. Add in onion and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in ground meat and cook until no pink remains. Add in tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Mix in the spinach and the pepperoni.
- Spoon mixture into prepared peppers. Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for bake for 40 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Divide cheese on top of peppers and put under broiler for 3 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Serve immediately or cool completely and store for meal prep.
This post is sponsored by my friends at Tuttorosso Tomatoes. All opinions are 100% my own!
February 29, 2016
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!