Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
This low-carb and keto-friendly Sausage, Peppers, and Onion, one-pan dish is made in just twenty-minutes! Such a perfect sausage and peppers recipe for any night of the week.
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
Did you know that peppers are at their growing season peak right now? I was over at my favorite little farm and they had a bin with the most beautiful looking peppers, so I just had to get a bunch! This dish went over big time here.
This is the EASIEST sausage and peppers recipe! It is made in one skillet, is so flavorful, and you can use chicken sausage, pork sausage, or any sausage you like! I like to find ones with minimal added ingredients.
It is flavorful, comforting, and just plain delicious with the perfect amount of sauce. A great dish for football Sunday or those nights when you need a quick and easy meal!
How to make Sausage and Peppers
You can get creative with how you serve this dish! I love it served over roasted spaghetti squash or cauliflower rice but I bet it would be great with gluten-free pasta or spiralized veggies as well! This sausage and peppers recipe is Paleo friendly, whole30 compliant, dairy-free, grain-free, and no sugar added!
Like this easy skillet recipe? Try these other favorite one pan meals!
Sausage, Peppers, & Onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 poblano pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 (cooked) chicken sausage links (I used a mix of spicy Italian and andouille), sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili power, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or just until fragrant.
- Add sliced bell peppers, onion and poblano pepper to the skillet; let cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add sausage to the large skillet with the peppers and onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and spices. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Serve over spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, or gluten-free pasta!
- If you are using uncooked chicken sausage, remove the casing and cook the chicken sausage and garlic together in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until the sausage is brown on both sides. This should take around 5 minutes, stirring often.
January 12, 2018
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!