This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
When you are looking for a quick and delicious meal, Thai Peanut Chicken is the perfect dinner to serve up! Using just a few pantry staples, this creamy chicken dish is a must make dish. It’s also gluten and dairy-free. Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus!
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chicken
This Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken recipe is a great short-cut to a flavorful weeknight dinner! Boneless chicken breasts are cooked in a coconut peanut sauce. Serve it over some rice noodles or even veggie noodles for a complete meal that the whole family is going to love. This gluten and dairy free dish also reheats well so perfect to make ahead for a meal prep lunch. Go ahead and add this to your favorite Instant Pot Recipes list!
Peanut Chicken Ingredients
- Fresh Ginger
- Green Onions
- Chicken Breast
- Garlic Chili Paste
- Coconut Milk
- Coconut Aminos
- Lime Juice
- Peanut Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Tips for Success
This recipe calls for placing the peanut butter inside at the very last step. This is important because some Instant Pot models can burn more easily than others, and prevent the IP from coming up to pressure. By placing the peanut butter on top, you prevent it from coming into direct contact with the bottom of the liner, and this prevents any burn notifications. After the peanut chicken has finished cooking, release the pressure and mix the sauce all together!
Why Farmer Focus Has Been our Chicken Choice for Years
I am so happy to continue my partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus to bring you today’s easy Instant Pot chicken recipe! Farmer Focus has been my go-to, trusted chicken for years now, because they pride themselves in producing the highest quality meat grown on family-owned farms. I love being able to grab up a package of Farmer Focus chicken at the grocery store and not having to question whether it is truly coming from meat raised in a humane way.
Farmer Focus is building partnerships with growers through their innovative Farmer Focus Business Model
Farmer Focus is a company that supports their farmer partners and that is working hard to do things right and truly raise and produce the highest quality chicken! Every Farmer Focus product includes a 4-letter farm I.D. that traces your chicken to the farm that raised it. Buying meat from Farmer Focus also gives me peace of mind that I am supporting hard working family farmers.
If you like this chicken recipe, check out these others:
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken
Watch the video here:
INSTANT POT THAI PEANUT CHICKEN
For Peanut Chicken:
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ” fresh ginger minced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 ½ lbs Farmer Focus boneless skinless chicken breast diced into 1-1/2” pieces
- 2 teaspoon garlic chili paste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rice Noodles or Zoodles
- Chopped Peanuts
- Thai chilis
- Add oil to the insert of a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Press the saute function, and heat the oil. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger and green onions and cook while stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook until the outside is no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Shut off the saute function.
- Add in the chili paste, coconut milk, coconut aminos, honey and fresh lime juice and stir to combine.
- Place the peanut butter on top of the chicken and do not stir.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Once finished, move the steam release valve to quickly release the steam pressure. When the floating valve drops, remove the lid.
- Stir the peanut butter into the chicken. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve over rice or rice noodles with cilantro, chopped peanuts and sliced thai chilis.