I am speechless over this Easy Salmon Puttanesca. The puttanesca sauce is so flavorful and pairs perfectly with the Wild Salmon. I couldn’t get over how simple it was to make! 10 minutes and very little prep work! Such an elegant and flavorful dish for any night of the week! We paired the salmon with sautéd green beans, but you can use any veggies you have on hand!
I am a big fan of puttanesca sauce and always wanted to make my own version. I am so happy with how this one came out and love saving the extra sauce to use throughout the week! If you are looking for low-carb, simple meals to get you through the week, this is definitely a keeper!
For the Salmon
- 1 lb. Wild Caught Salmon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, oil removed
- 2 Roma tomatoes or 1 cup whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Optional: 1/4 cup kalamata olives, drained and pitted
1. In a food processor or high-speed blender combine all of the puttanesca sauce ingredients and pulse for 1-2 minutes. You don't want it fully smooth, so don't over mix.
2. Once done, transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 ℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
4. Cut salmon into 6 oz. portions.
5. Rub salmon with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with spices.
6. Heat remaining oil in a medium skillet.
7. Once the oil is hot, gently place your salmon face down in the pan and sear for 1-2 minutes.
8. Transfer salmon to the baking skeet lined with parchment paper, skin side down and bake until the salmon has cooked all the way through. The timing will change based on how thick your salmon is, but should take about 5-10 minutes.
8. Place salmon on a plate, top with puttanesca sauce and garnish. Serve warm with roasted vegetables of choice!
- Updated March, 2017
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!