Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries

These Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries are low-carb, paleo-friendly, flavorful, and the perfect side dish to any accompany any meal!

Paleo Low-Carb Zucchini Fries

I love… french fries. There I said it! What I love even more is making healthy options for my fries so I don’t ever feel the need to indulge in the bad ones. These zucchini fries are PACKED with flavor and beyond crispy on the outside. They make the perfect side dish any night of the week!

Paleo Low-Carb Zucchini Fries

Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries

Preparation 0:10 2017-06-23T00:10:00+00:00 Cook Time 0:25 2017-06-23T00:25:00+00:00 Serves 3     adjust servings

Ingredients

Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries

Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

3. Cut zucchini into thick slices and pat dry with a paper towel.

4. In a large mixing bowl, mix almond meal, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan if using.

5. In a separate shallow bowl crack eggs and whisk together.

6. Dip zucchini strips into egg, then dredge in 'breadcrumb' mix. Make sure they are well coated.

7. Lay flat on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping half way to ensure even baking until they are golden brown and crispy.

9. While zucchini fries are baking prepare the roasted garlic dip. Slice the end off the garlic cloves and place in a ramekin or small baking dish. Pour 1/2 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil over garlic. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven with the zucchini fries. Roast the garlic for 20-25 minutes, or until soft.

7. In a bowl whisk together mayo, roasted garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Place in serving dish of choice and set aside.

8. Serve the zucchini fries warm with the roasted garlic dip and other dips of choice. I love dipping these in marinara sauce!

Recipe Notes

Updated: 3/1/2017

Paleo Low-Carb Zucchini Fries

Paleo Low-Carb Zucchini Fries

hashtag with us!

I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!

#LEXISCLEANKITCHEN

14 comments on “Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries

• Hi Lexi! I love your blog and all of your beautifully photographed recipes <3 just thought I'd stop by and send some love your way! Can't wait to try these and your protein pancakes!

• Oh wow – had these tonight after stumbling across your web site. THANK YOU! They came out so extremely delicious; I had no idea zucchini could taste this good! Of course, all these great ingredients help 😉 We had so much zucchini we couldn’t make it all tonight…so I’ll be making this again tomorrow for sure. Thanks again for posting your recipe for these! Who can miss french fries when you have these!?

• I love your zucchini fries! I’m new to eating more healthy and clean. This recipe is awesome and easy for folks like me who’s learning to cook more. Im glad that I found your page and I’m sure that I will be cooking more of your recipes. Thank you so much! You Rock!

• I made these today. A friend gave me some larger zucchini thought I would try it with the smaller one. The larger pieces I found were still juicy in the middle. What size do you cut them? I just used a large knife and did not use a slicer.

• You have this categorized as “grain free” but then use cornmeal. Last I checked, corn was a grain. Could one sub arrowroot powder or another pseudo grain?

• These were really good right after we made them. Some were a little mushy but I know zucchini is watery usually. Leftovers, same thing. A little mushy but that’s expected. I used marinara sauce with them and htey were delicious, thanks! Oh, also didnt use corn meal, just all almond flour.

• Made these Monday. Made the mistake of getting 4 non-organic zucchini, as that’s all that was available. (One is still sitting in my fridge.) It took a whole batch of the “breadcrumbs” per zucchini, but the eggs lasted for 3. I got to practice my knife skills, though! Turns out I’m not so good. I blame it on having only a paring knife.

Withheld the cheese, and dipped them in some warm tomato basil spaghetti sauce, which made them taste a lot like Pizza Hut breadsticks. It was weird. I’m not much of a zucchini fan, though, and ended up cutting these thinner and thinner so they’d be less soft and squishy and zucchini-like in the middle. Not sure I’d make these again. I still have a bunch in the fridge for reheating (in the oven).