This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Roasted Eggplant Dip is such a delicious and healthy appetizer or snack for weekend entertaining! You will not believe how simple the dip is to prepare. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, Whole30 and Paleo friendly. Serve with some delicious homemade crackers and veggies and you’ve got an appetizer win!
Roasted Eggplant Dip Recipe
It’s mid-summer and I can guess you are looking for ways to use up all those veggies you are either harvesting or finding at your local farmer’s market or CSA, right? This Roasted Eggplant Dip recipe is the perfect way to do so! This veggie dip couldn’t be simpler to make: roast off a few veggies, puree and serve with homemade gluten-free crackers and raw veggies. This flavorful eggplant spread is the perfect healthy appetizer to serve guests for your next BBQ or party! Plus it’s dairy-free, Paleo and Whole30 friendly!
Eggplant Dip Ingredients:
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Juice
Is Eggplant Healthy?
Eggplant is a low-calorie nutrient-dense food that is high in fiber and many other nutrients. You should feel good about eating this healthy dip!
Can you Make This Ahead of Time?
You can make the dip 1 day ahead of time. Let dip come to room temperature, or warm briefly in the toasted oven before serving.
If you like this eggplant recipe, check out these others:
- Tomato, Eggplant, and Chickpea Stew
- Moroccan Eggplant (with Chermoula)
- Eggplant Lasagna Rollatini
- Eggplant Meatballs
If you like this healthy appetizer, check out these others:
- 7 Layer Taco Dip
- Cauliflower Hummus
- Gluten Free Pigs in a Blanket (Nut-Free, too!)
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites (Gluten-Free and Grain-Free)
ROASTED EGGPLANT DIP
- 1 eggplant diced
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper more to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place eggplant, tomatoes, onions and garlic cloves on baking sheet and toss with oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, or until veggies are tender and have a nice golden color.
- Transfer vegetables into food processor and add lemon juice.
- Pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with homemade crackers and vegetable crudités.
- *Photos updated April, 2017.