Swap the juice detox for a soup detox this season! I call this Chicken and Kale Soup my detox soup because it is light, healthy, and packed with anti-inflammatory vegetables that are easy on the digestive system!
The fiber from the veggies combined with the protein from the chicken makes this such a filling meal for any day of the week!
Mike and I recently came back from a weekend in New York, where we were visiting my family and our friends! It was a truly great weekend! After a weekend of eating out, drinking, and changing up my daily exercise routine though, my body definitely needed a boost.
I started this week off right with these 8 key steps:
Along with the list above, Mike and I decided that we needed a simple and light dinner tonight! This soup is now one of my go-to’s when I feel that I need to detox for a day! I love that every ingredient in this soup is from my local farm! It is also so simple to throw together!
This soup is now one of my go-to’s when I feel that I need to detox for a day! I love that every ingredient is from my local farm and that it takes less than 30 minutes to make! Simply toss all of the ingredients in a pot, simmer for 15 minutes and BOOM. Soup complete with limited clean-up!
This soup is also perfect to warm up on with a cold and rainy day!
Low-glycemic, paleo-friendly, egg-free, dairy-free, and Whole30 compliant! Feel free to spice this soup up a bit and add in extra spices! I love adding ginger, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes! Both lemon and ginger are known to aid in digestion and add such great flavor to the soup!
How do you detox?
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 cups organic chicken stock
- 3-4 handfuls fresh kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- Optional: 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Optional: 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat oil.
- Add in onion and garlic and sautè for one minute.
- Add in carrots and celery. Sautè for five minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once onion is translucent, add in chicken and sautè until chicken is opaque and fully cooked through. Should take about 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour in chicken stock and season with salt, pepper, ginger and lemon juice if using.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!