Columbus Day yesterday meant a nice long weekend! Mike and I went to New York to visit my family and our friends; it was a truly great weekend. Whenever we travel, I always arrive home feeling that my body needs a break! After a weekend of eating out, some drinks, and out of my daily exercise routine my body definitely needed a break and a boost. I started this week off right with these 8 key steps:
Along with the list above, Mike and I decided that we needed a simple and light dinner tonight. I call this my detox soup because it is light, healthy, and packed with nutrients and protein. I love that every ingredient in this soup is from my local farm, and I also love how simple it is to throw this flavorful soup together. This is a perfect soup to warm up on a crisp day or to ease a cold. ‘Twas a hit!
Chicken and Kale Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3-4 handfuls fresh kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 5 cups organic chicken stock
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!