This Chicken Kale soup is perfect for when your body needs an easy, delicious and light meal. Packed with veggies and healthy protein, this soup is easy to whip up. It’s low-glycemic, paleo-friendly, egg-free, dairy-free, and Whole30 compliant!
Chicken Kale Soup Recipe
Swap the juice detox for a soup detox this season! I call this Chicken Kale Soup my detox soup because it is light, healthy, and packed with anti-inflammatory vegetables that are easy on the digestive system! The fiber from the veggies combined with the protein from the chicken makes this such a filling meal for any day of the week!
Mike and I recently came back from a weekend in New York, where we were visiting my family and our friends! It was a truly great weekend! After a weekend of eating out, drinking, and changing up my daily exercise routine though, my body definitely needed a boost. That’s where this soup comes in! This soup is now one of my go-to recipes when I feel that I need to detox for a day! I love that every ingredient in this soup is from my local farm! It is also so simple to throw together!
Ingredients for Chicken Detox Soup
- Olive Oil
- Organic Chicken Breasts
- Organic Chicken Stock or Bone Broth
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
In addition to eating as healthy as we can, Mike and I have also been working on “detoxing” other things in our life. Check out this list:
If you like this soup recipe, check out these others:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 cups organic chicken stock
- 3-4 handfuls fresh kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- Optional: 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Optional: 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat oil.
- Add in onion and garlic and sautè for one minute.
- Add in carrots and celery. Sautè for five minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once onion is translucent, add in chicken and sautè until chicken is opaque and fully cooked through. Should take about 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour in chicken stock and season with salt, pepper, ginger and lemon juice if using.
- Add in kale.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!