Swap the juice detox for a soup detox this season! I call this Chicken and Kale Soup my detox soup because it is light, healthy, and packed with anti-inflammatory vegetables that are easy on the digestive system!
The fiber from the veggies combined with the protein from the chicken makes this such a filling meal for any day of the week!
Mike and I recently came back from a weekend in New York, where we were visiting my family and our friends! It was a truly great weekend! After a weekend of eating out, drinking, and changing up my daily exercise routine though, my body definitely needed a boost.
I started this week off right with these 8 key steps:
Along with the list above, Mike and I decided that we needed a simple and light dinner tonight! This soup is now one of my go-to’s when I feel that I need to detox for a day! I love that every ingredient in this soup is from my local farm! It is also so simple to throw together!
This soup is now one of my go-to’s when I feel that I need to detox for a day! I love that every ingredient is from my local farm and that it takes less than 30 minutes to make! Simply toss all of the ingredients in a pot, simmer for 15 minutes and BOOM. Soup complete with limited clean-up!
This soup is also perfect to warm up on with a cold and rainy day!
Low-glycemic, paleo-friendly, egg-free, dairy-free, and Whole30 compliant! Feel free to spice this soup up a bit and add in extra spices! I love adding ginger, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes! Both lemon and ginger are known to aid in digestion and add such great flavor to the soup!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 cups organic chicken stock
- 3-4 handfuls fresh kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- Optional: 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Optional: 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat oil.
- Add in onion and garlic and sautè for one minute.
- Add in carrots and celery. Sautè for five minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Once onion is translucent, add in chicken and sautè until chicken is opaque and fully cooked through. Should take about 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Pour in chicken stock and season with salt, pepper, ginger and lemon juice if using.
- Add in kale.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!