Call my corny, but I love Valentine’s Day. Basically because I am a huge sucker for all things love-related, but I mean, who doesn’t love a day when it is completely acceptable to eat loads of chocolate, have a nice fancy (and healthy) dinner, and possibly indulge in some delicious wine? Some may totally disagree and think it’s just another ordinary day, but I can’t help but love to get a little festive! I probably didn’t feel that way when I was single, but I definitely remember doing the same thing with my girlfriends then, as I would now!
Speaking of girlfriends… I am excited that I have gotten so close with four of my favorite blogger-friends. We decided to bring you an awesome Valentine’s Day Dinner Party featuring an appetizer, a main dish, a side dish, a cocktail, and a dessert. Full-course and absolutely killer. The entire menu is made up of healthy whole foods and is completely paleo-friendly. I brought you the dessert, and it is one of my all-time favorites!
Check out the goods! This is an epic meal right here, if I do say.Let’s start this dinner party off with a Blood Orange and Grapefruit Cocktail (or mocktail), from Fit Foodie Finds, shall we?
Find the full recipe here.
Next we have Kelly from Nosh and Nourish’s Walnut Encrusted Scallops!
Find the full recipe here.
Entree? Olena from iFoodreal has you covered with her Roasted Lamb Shoulder.Find the full recipe here.
But you can’t have a main dish without a side. Davida from The Healthy Maven brings to you her Lemon Ginger Asparagus with Toasted Almonds. Find the full recipe here.
And lastly, my portion of the dinner party… the DESSERT. This is one of my favorite recipes I have ever made. It is rich and heavenly, everything a flourless cake should be. Plus, it is topped with a delicious berry sauce that ties it all together. We can’t get enough of this cake. It is an absolute new go-to around here.
Paleo Flourless Chocolate Cake
Write a review
- 6 oz. dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp hot coffee
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dust with cocoa powder
Optional Berry Sauce
- 1 cup mix fresh strawberries and raspberries
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. In a bowl melt chocolate (stove or microwave)
- 3. Mix in coconut oil and stir until combined
- 4. Add in remaining ingredients
- 5. Grease 9 in. springform pan
- 6. Pour mixture in and bake for 25 minutes
- 7. Let cool completely
- 8. Remove from pan gently, slice, dust with additional cocoa powder, and serve!
- 1. Combine raw and fresh fruit in a bowl
- 2. Microwave for 45 seconds, mash, and heat for a remaining 30 seconds
- Serve with berry sauce, dairy-free whipped cream, or fresh fruit
- Servings: 10
- Amount Per Serving: 1 slice
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 16g
- Carbs: 35g
- Protein: 5g
- Sugars 27g
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/