Friends… I think you are either going to love me or hate me, for the dairy-free cheesecake addiction that I am about to instill in you. Trust me and make them! These were outrageous. My trusty taste-tester was blown away.
A little side note: While I love a good treat (I’ll take a chocolate chip cookie or a brownie any day), moderation is key. These bars are made with real food and good-for-you ingredients, but they are not made to eat the entire batch! Okay, rant done. Go enjoy one or two!
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds, ground into flour (if you sub another nut, I can't promise the cookie dough taste)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Dash Himalayan sea salt
- 1. Soak cashews overnight in a bowl of water
- 2. In the morning, rinse and discard water from bowl, set aside
- 3. In a food processor, add sunflower seeds and grind into flour
- 4. Add grass-fed butter or coconut oil, maple syrup, and sea salt
- 5. Blend until smooth
- 6. Line a 7x11 glass baking dish with parchment paper
- 7. Spoon crust mixture and flatten evenly
- 8. Combine soaked cashews, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt in the food processor
- 9. blend until creamy and smooth
- 10. Once blended, add in chocolate chips and spread mixture evenly over crust
- 11. Place in freezer for 4-6 hours
- 12. Remove, slice into bars, drizzle with chocolate, and store in refrigerator
What is your favorite cheesecake flavor?
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!