Instant Pot Mongolian Beef (Paleo)
This Instant Pot Paleo Mongolian Beef is made gluten-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly, low carb, and whole30-compliant! It’s a perfect healthier version of the classic take out dish that everybody will love.
Paleo Mongolian Beef (Instant Pot)
Recreating classic take-out dishes that taste *just* like the real thing is a favorite here at LCK. If you’ve tried our chicken and broccoli, pad thai, or slow cooker Asian beef, you know we mean business. This Instant Pot Paleo Mongolian Beef is a dinner must-make! Made with tender, flavorful beef in a perfect sauce and served with cauliflower rice and delicious veggies. I also love that I can feel good about the ingredients going into this sauce! No need for take-out, this classic Chinese American dish is made healthier and quick here.
What kind of meat do you use to make Mongolian beef?
Flank steak is typically used, but you can use sirloin, too!
If you like this Instant Pot recipe, try these recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces against the grain
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- 3 teaspoons ginger, grated (divided)
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and finely chopped*
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 2 cups, napa cabbage thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seed, for garnish
- Toss flank steak with arrowroot powder.
- Set Instant Pot to saute and when hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Brown flank steak, in 2-3 batches.
- In separate bowl combine coconut aminos, beef broth, 2 teaspoons garlic, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, fish sauce, dates and pour over beef.
- Set Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- While beef cooks heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Once hot, add oil and then add 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, peppers, carrots and cabbage. Sauté until vegetables are soft and fragrant 5-7 minutes.
- Once soft, add 1 teaspoon sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and salt and pepper and remove to serving platter.
- When beef is finished, turn the knob to quick release.
- Top with optional garnish and serve with vegetables.
- *Can sub out 2 tablespoons of honey or coconut sugar if you don't want to use dates. Dates make it Whole30-Compliant.
- Want your sauce even thicker? At the end, add a slurry: 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour and 1 tablespoon water. Whisk together then add to the pot after step 9. Mix and let thicken.
- When browning your meat, if it's very thin, it may stick a little, that's okay!
January 29, 2018
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!