Three things I love: veggies, soup in the Fall, and good ‘ol meatballs! I also love a soup that can be altered and customized to satisfy everyones wants, needs, and desires! Take this soup for example, you can totally get creative! Add in some beans, throw in your favorite veggies or whatever you have on hand, other meat additions- anything goes.
You want to know something else that I love?
Pacific Foods has set out to donate meals to families in need. I just love working with companies who commit to making a difference. Get this: anytime you make a dish with a Pacific product and tag them on social media, they’ll provide a meal to a family in need.
Yep, that simple!
All you need to do is simply snap a photo of your dish and tag #NourishEveryBody and @PacificFoods (on Instagram, Twitter, or on their Facebook page), and a meal will be provided! Check out how many children have been fed already here. I am so impressed with this initiative and love that I can be a part of it, too!
Meatball and Veggie Soup
For the soup
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 handfuls kale, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- Any other veggies of choice: broccoli, green beans, celery, potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or oil of choice
- 1 quart Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2-1 teaspoon fine pink sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Optional: red pepper flakes, to taste
- Optional: black beans
For the meatballs