I’m going to go ahead and say that a classic household favorite in most homes = tacos. It’s just a fact, you guys! Plus… topping options for everyone. You’ll satisfy even the pickiest eater, am I right? Let’s keep gearing up to back-to-school. A mug of taco soup + tortilla chips and your child’s favorite toppings = the perfect lunch box meal.
30 minutes = Deconstructed Taco Soup, and It’s AH-MAZING.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 15 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (code LEXI for 10% off)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- optional: 1 can black beans
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp fine Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- White Onion
- Non-GMO Tortilla Chips
- Diced Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- In a Dutch oven heat oil and sauté garlic. Add in diced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in zucchini and green pepper and let cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in ground beef and cook until brown.
- In a bowl combine taco seasoning spices. Mix in taco seasoning mix.
- Add in stewed tomatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired.
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!