This Slow Cooker Short Rib Stew is comforting, light yet hearty, and full of flavor! It’s the perfect slow cooker Sunday meal that will have leftovers for lunches and dinners throughout the week!
Two weeks ago I was in Indiana with an amazing group of bloggers visiting with Tuttorosso tomatoes, a brand I’ve worked with for a while now that I truly truly love.
We ate some REALLY good food, had a great food photography workshop led by Amanda of Heartbeet Kitchen, toured one of their tomato farms, and went to their factory. They even made lunch from all of our blogs!
It was pretty amazing to see the tomatoes go from the truck and in just 45 minutes, right into the cans ready for us consumers. The quality and care that goes into each Tuttorosso can is really, really amazing to see, and is clear by their superior product. Here’s a little snippet from the trip, if you didn’t see it on my social media channels!
Now, without further ado, SLOW COOKER SUNDAY. My new favorite series to hit LCK! This soup is brought to you in partnership with Tuttorosso Tomatoes. It is made with simple ingredients, has hearty flavor, and is perfect for the cooler weather that’s creeping up.
Slow Cooker Short Rib Stew
Write a review
- 2 pounds boneless short ribs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or grass-fed butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 cups Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- Pinch of paprika
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Optional: 1 cup cremini mushrooms
- Optional: 2 parsnips, diced
- Trim excess fat off of the short ribs and cut them into small 1 1/2 inch bite-size cubes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat oil or butter and brown short ribs on all sides.
- Place garlic, onion, potatoes carrots, and the parsnips and mushrooms if adding, in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place meat on top, then add in the diced tomatoes, beef broth, arrowroot flour, teaspoon of salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes.
- Set slow cooker to low for 8 hours. Once done, remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf, and add additional salt, pepper, paprika, and red pepper flakes as desired.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/