Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cookies (With Maple Glaze)
These Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies with a Maple Glaze are the perfect treat to make for your Easter holiday celebration. This gluten free carrot cake cookie recipe yields soft and chewy cookies, is easy to make and packs all the flavor of a traditional carrot cake in an easy-to-serve form.
Carrot Cake Cookies with Maple Glaze
Easter weekend is here! While traditional carrot cake or a carrot cake loaf is standard, let’s switch it up this year! Everyone loves a good cookie, and a soft carrot cake cookie topped with the most delicious maple glaze is just guaranteed to be a hit of the dessert table. Guaranteed.
These cookies are wonderful for any carrot cake lover; and personally, since we don’t actually celebrate Easter in our home, can vouch that they are perfect for any occasion. These cookies are: lightly sweetened, packed with delicious add-ins, soft, and topped with a decedent frosting.
Want other paleo desserts with veggies? Try these favorites:
Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies with Vanilla Glaze
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 10 min
Total Time 20 minutes
For Carrot Cake Cookie
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) grass-fed butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup raisins
For Maple Glaze
- This recipe was updated on March 6, 2018.
- The original recipe included Vanilla Maple Frosting to top the cookie. After re-testing we preferred a simple glaze. Here is the original frosting recipe:
Vanilla Maple Frosting:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp palm shortening
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a stand mixer or hand mixer until creamy. Taste and adjust sweetness as desired.
P.S. Here are the cookies with the old frosting from 2015!
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!