5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Baked Hummus Dip [VIDEO]
This 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Baked Hummus Dip is the perfect lightened-up appetizer to serve for game-day or for any gathering! It is simple to prepare, made with minimal ingredients, has all of the buffalo chicken flavors you love, and it’s made with a healthy, creamy alternative: hummus.
If you’ve never had warm hummus and think it sounds strange, you simply need to try it. It is SO good!
The first time I tried a baked hummus appetizer was on our Hampton’s Retreat. We made Liz’ Mexican Layered Hummus Dip and I was SOLD. I knew I had to make a version for LCK that you guys would absolutely love, too!
It’s creamy, healthy, lightened-up, so flavorful, and made with only FIVE ingredients. You can also prep this earlier in the day, or the day before, and then bake it right before serving. Party WIN.
Watch the video here:
5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Baked Hummus Dip
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 8 ounce tubs garlic hummus or spicy hummus
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cucumber slices
- Carrot spears
- Tortilla chips
- Plantain Chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl add chicken, hot sauce, and black pepper. Mix until combined. Add in hummus and mix well.
3. Pour mixture into an 8x8 baking dish. Spread evenly and top with cheese.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
5. Top with garnishes and serve warm with cut-up vegetables and tortilla chips
August 30, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!