This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Smoothies are the easiest make-ahead breakfast! This Antioxidant Smoothie Freezer Pack is loaded with berries, spinach and flax seed and can be prepped in five minutes, and in bulk if you want, for a chill morning start that will keep you satisfied until lunch time. It’s vegan and naturally gluten-free for an antioxidant rich start to your day!
We are on week 2 of our Make-Ahead Freezer Smoothie Pack series! You all know I believe that food can play a big part in not only keeping the body healthy, but also healing the body, so we are doing a series of 4 nutritionally-based smoothie packs that target specific health benefits, and at the end we’ll do a round up and a bonus 30 Budget-Friendly Smoothies guide!
Last week we talked about chronic inflammation in the body, and how food can play a big role in keeping it at bay. Today we’re going to talk about why it’s important to consume foods that are high in anti-oxidants and what foods are the best to do this.
Benefits of Antioxidants
Anti-oxidants help protect your body and cells from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that naturally occur in your body that damage cells and cause disease and aging. Consuming a diet rich in anti-oxidants help counteract the effect of free radicals and protect your body.
Best Antioxidant Foods
Anti-oxidants are found in many common foods like berries, vegetables and sweets as well! Some common sources are: berries, nuts, dark chocolate, spinach, and artichokes! For our smoothie we’ve included berries, spinach, ground flax seeds and cacao powder!
Stay tuned for the rest of the make-ahead smoothie freezer pack series:
- Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Freezer Pack
- Antioxidant Smoothie Freezer Pack
- Fiber Smoothie Freezer Pack
- Detox Smoothie Freezer Pack
- Round Up + 30 Budget-Friendly Smoothies
Items we love for smoothie packs:
- Reusable Silicone Bags
- High-Speed Blender
- Bag Opener (to fill your packs)
Antioxidant Smoothie Freezer Pack
- 1 cup 5 ounces frozen berries
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cacoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk more as needed
- 1 scoop collagen peptides optional
To Make Freezer Packs:
- Place all ingredients, except almond milk, into a freezer safe bag. Freeze until ready to use, up to 1 month.
- Combine all ingredients, including almond milk, in a high speed blender.
- Blend until creamy, adding additional almond milk if necessary.
Not as yummy as the detox smoothie, but still good. Nice and creamy. Will make again, especially as it’s lower in calories than the Detox Smoothie (which is delicious).
looks perfect and more powerful too thanks for sharing this
this antioxidant smoothie looks so powerful, perfect after the workout!