Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/apple-sage-turkey-meatballs/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Apple Sage Turkey Meatballs
These Turkey Apple Meatballs are the perfect fall dinner. They're warm and comforting with just enough hint of spice to make you remember the season has changed. But even better is that you can have them on your table in under 30 minutes after coming home from fantastic fall activities! Oh, and they're paleo, gluten-free and absolutely kid-friendly!
- 1 lb. ground turkey (light or dark meat)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (about 5 leaves) fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- pinch allspice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375º and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients and mix until fully combined. Form into 12 meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add oil. Add meatballs, taking care to leave enough space in between each and brown meatballs on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. You may need to do this step in batches depending on how large your skillet is. (See note)
- Transfer browned meatballs to the prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven until fully cooked through and reached an internal temperature of 165º, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve meatballs hot with butternut squash noodles or pasta.
- Although we love the caramelized apple due to the extra step of browning these meatballs, you can skip this step and just bake in the oven. Bake at 400º for 10-15 minutes until the meatballs have fully cooked through and reached an internal temperature of 165º.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.