Let’s kick the season off with this Strawberry Asparagus Salad! This salad features all the spring veggies we all love, along with bacon and almonds! It’s also paleo-friendly, dairy-free, and grain-free! Omit the honey in the dressing to make this salad Whole30 compliant!
Strawberry Asparagus Salad with Bacon
Spring produce is back! Asparagus, strawberries, radishes, artichokes… I love this time of year. Just when you think the Winter will last forever, the sun starts coming out, there is less and less need for that heavy jacket, and you’re just about ready to turn the grill on permanently. This springtime salad is bursting with flavor and full of nutrients! Sweet fresh and local strawberries combined with salty bacon, nutty almonds, steamed asparagus and perfectly cooked chicken is the ultimate salad!
Here’s what’s in it:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Baby Spinach (optional)
What to Serve with this Spring Dish
You can either serve this salad over a bed of baby spinach to make a plant based meal or you can add in grilled or pan-fried chicken to make it a rounded protein-packed meal (even though asparagus is a good source of protein), and ta-da, a perfect Spring meal!
If you like this spring recipe, check out these others:
- Instant Pot Lemon Vegetable Risotto
- Spring Vegetable Quiche
- Healthy Carrot Muffins (Gluten-Free and Nut-Free)
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cookies (With Maple Glaze)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Optional: 1 lb grilled chicken breasts
- Optional: 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Steam asparagus for 5 minutes, or until tender and set aside. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Place on a plate lined with paper towels while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Once bacon is done, pour almost all of the bacon fat into a heat-proof bowl or jar and place in the fridge to solidify before disposing of it! Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the skillet with the small amount of bacon fat. Cook until browned on each side.
- Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients into a blender. Blend until well combined.
- For serving: Place optional spinach on a serving dish. Top with steamed asparagus, sliced strawberries, almonds, and bacon. Drizzle with dressing and serve with extra dressing on the side!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!