Instant Pot Lemon Vegetable Risotto
This 10-minute Instant Pot Lemon Veggie Risotto is a flavorful, bright, vibrant, and a creamy Meatless Monday meal! Loaded with broccoli, asparagus, spinach, and peas, it is the perfect dairy-free dish to celebrate the abundance of SPRING veggies!
Instant Pot Lemon Veggie Risotto
I love creamy risotto and was so surprised at how creamy and flavorful this recipe was without adding any cheese! The texture along with the spices and pop of lemon really makes this a simple and flavorful meal or side dish perfect for any night of the week! To make it a full meal, top it with a protein of choice and enjoy!
How to make risotto in the Instant Pot
Watch the video here:
- Broccoli Florets
- Fresh Peas
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Rhyme
- Arborio Rice
- Vegetable Broth
- Grass-fed Butter
- Garlic Powder
Want more Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
- Paleo Chicken and Broccoli
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Beef Barbacoa
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Lemon Vegetable Risotto
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced thin
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh peas or snap peas
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup leek, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1–1/2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2 bunch chives, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add asparagus, broccoli, and peas to the baking sheet. Coat with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, toss well. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is fork tender. Once done, remove from oven and set aside.
2. In an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, press SAUTÉ. Add remaining extra-virgin olive oil and let the pot heat up. Once hot, add in onions, leeks and garlic. Let cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent.
3. Add rice and stir for 1-2 minutes to toast.
4. Add vegetable stock, butter and thyme. Stir well.
5. Turn the pressure cooker or instant pot off. Secure lid in place, turn valve to sealing, press manual, and modify time to 7 minutes.
6. Once the time has lapsed, and the pressure cooker is done, turn the valve to venting to quickly release the pressure. Open the lid and stir well.
7. Turn the setting to SAUTE. Add spinach, chives, roasted veggies, spices and lemon juice to the rice. Stir for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted. Taste and adjust seasoning. Top with lemon zest and additional chives. 8. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 872mg
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 72.6g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 14.1g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
May 1, 2017
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!