This 10-minute Instant Pot Lemon Veggie Risotto is a flavorful, bright, vibrant, and a creamy Meatless Monday meal! Loaded with broccoli, asparagus, spinach, and peas, it is the perfect dairy-free dish to celebrate the abundance of SPRING veggies!
Instant Pot Risotto
I love creamy risotto and was so surprised at how creamy and flavorful this recipe was without adding any cheese! The texture along with the spices and pop of lemon really makes this a simple and flavorful meal or side dish perfect for any night of the week! To make it a full meal, top it with a protein of choice and enjoy!
How to make risotto in the Instant Pot
Watch the video here:
The Instant Pot truly is amazing. I mean, not much is better than preparing a meal that generally takes time, in under 20 minutes!
Want more Instant Pot recipes? Try these:
- Paleo Chicken and Broccoli
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Beef Barbacoa
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Taco Meat
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced thin
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh peas or snap peas
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup leek, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 bunch chives, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, more to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add asparagus, broccoli, and peas to the baking sheet. Coat with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, toss well. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is fork tender. Once done, remove from oven and set aside.
2. In an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, press SAUTÉ. Add remaining extra-virgin olive oil and let the pot heat up. Once hot, add in onions, leeks and garlic. Let cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent.
3. Add rice and stir for 1-2 minutes to toast.
4. Add vegetable stock, butter and thyme. Stir well.
5. Turn the pressure cooker or instant pot off. Secure lid in place, turn valve to sealing, press manual, and modify time to 7 minutes.
6. Once the time has lapsed, and the pressure cooker is done, turn the valve to venting to quickly release the pressure. Open the lid and stir well.
7. Turn the setting to SAUTE. Add spinach, chives, roasted veggies, and spices to the rice. Stir for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted. Taste and adjust seasoning. Top with lemon zest and additional chives.
8. Serve warm!
Do you have a pressure cooker?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!