Baked Apple Pie Chia Pudding
This Apple Chia Seed Pudding is the perfect make-ahead breakfast! It is a delicious egg-free breakfast option that everybody will love, and the topping taste like a healthy apple pie filling! This seasonal breakfast is gluten-free, paleo and vegan.
Apple Chia Seed Pudding Breakfast
If you don’t know what chia seed pudding is, you are definitely going to read this! Chia seed pudding is simply chia seeds that are thickened with a milk of choice until they’ve reached a pudding like consistency. It’s an easy and healthy breakfast option that is simple to make. I love chia seeds because of their nutritional value, and I really enjoy the texture. So it’s a no brainer to use them to make Apple Chia Seed Pudding. And now that Fall is in the air (and the farm is stocking up with my favorite Fall produce), I wanted to mix in something warm, like warm apple pie filling infused with just the right amount of cinnamon. You with me on this one? Packed with nutrients, delicious, and filling.
Apple Chia Seed Pudding Ingredients
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
- Honey or Maple Syrup
Are chia seeds paleo and healthy?
Yes! Chia seeds are a Paleo-friendly and nutrient-dense. They’re easy to digest and can even aid in digestion by helping this move along! They are also contain omega-3’s which means they’re not only good for your body but also good for your brain!
Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- Loaded with iron, calcium, omega 3′s, magnesium, and antioxidants
- Mineral powerhouse
- Natural detoxifier
- Improves health of hair, skin, and nails
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (above serving) contains 11g fiber and 4g protein
How long will this apple chia pudding last?
Chia pudding will last for a few days in the refrigerator, up to about 5. It’s preferable to store the apple filling separate from the chia seed pudding, but it will still hold up alright if you’d like to completely make this ahead of time.
The recipe can easily be halved, double or tripled for an easy grab and go breakfast or healthy snack.
If you like this healthy make-ahead breakfast, check out these others:
- Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats (Gluten-Free)
- Golden Milk Latte Overnight Oats (with Collagen!)
- Bananas Foster Chia Pudding [Video]
- 30 Smoothie Freezer Packs (Budget-Friendly)
Baked Apple Pie Chia Pudding
This Apple Chia Seed Pudding is the perfect make-ahead breakfast! It is a delicious egg-free breakfast option that everybody will love, and the topping taste like a healthy apple pie filling! This seasonal breakfast is gluten-free, Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
For Chia Pudding:
For Apple Pie Filling:
- In a bowl combine chia seeds, almond milk, and cinnamon. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight until the mixture is thickened.
- Meanwhile, add apple filling ingredients to a medium pot. Cook, covered, over medium heat, for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally and adding additionally water if needed, until the apples are tender, about 5 more minutes. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To assemble, mix half of the apple filling with the chia seed pudding. Divide into bowls (or meal prep containers) and top with remaining apple mixture.
- Chia seed pudding will keep for 3-5 days.
September 12, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!