Bananas Foster Chia Pudding [Video]
This Bananas Foster Chia Pudding is the perfect make-ahead chia seed pudding recipe! It is a delicious egg-free breakfast option that everybody will love, and the Bananas Foster topping is one of my all-time favorites!
Bananas Foster Chia Pudding
Life sometimes gets busy. Right now, life for me is super super busy. Have you noticed I’ve been blogging less the past few weeks? Don’t worry, it’s about to pick back up! I’m finishing up the school year with my students, then off to embark on my new journey (you can read about that here). So, with the twenty million tasks I’ve set for myself in these busy few weeks, I’ve also set myself on a mission to make some delicious nutrient-packed snacks and breakfasts that have a fun twist to them
Now, I’m currently all about exploring egg-free breakfasts. Not because I’m not eating eggs, but because sometimes you just want to switch things up a bit!
This chia pudding is packed with omegas, nutrients, and potassium, while also throwing in the delicious flavors of decadent bananas foster. I seriously love bananas foster. All this is missing is the vanilla ice cream, but I promise you won’t miss it! When we were in Jamaica one of the desserts was a bananas foster bar which sparked my current obsession. It’s just so good!
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
It’s as simple as throw it in a jar and leave it overnight. Then boom! It’s ready to devour. Love me some simple, healthy, and quick snacks!
How to make chia pudding
Watch the video:
Bananas Foster Chia Pudding [Video]
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Original Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup, more to taste
- Bananas Foster Topping:
- 2 large bananas
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 tbsp dark rum
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a tupperware, place chia seeds, coconut milk, and sweetener. Mix until combined.
- Place tupperware into refrigerator for at minimum 3-5 hours or overnight
- Once ready to assemble, remove chia pudding from the refrigerator and taste- adjust sweetener as desired
- In a skillet heat butter until melted
- Add in sugar and whisk until combined
- Add in vanilla and sliced bananas
- Let cook for 2-4 minutes, mixing gently occasionally
- Add in optional rum and walnuts
- Let cook for an additional 3-4 minutes
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes
- Layer bananas foster topping with chia seed pudding in a bowl, mug, or cup and enjoy!
- Serving Size: As served
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 196mg
- Fat: 21.2g
- Saturated Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 68.1g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
Have you tried chia pudding? What flavor combination would you like to see next?
June 11, 2015
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!