This Berry and Cream Dairy Free Parfait recipe is the perfect healthy treat when looking for a simple dairy-free and vegan friendly option! They come together quickly with only 4 ingredients and just the right amount of sweetness!
Berries and Cream Dairy Free Parfait Recipe
Hello perfect dairy free summer dessert recipe! This no-bake stress-free summer time treat is perfect for when you are craving something a little sweet but still want to keep it healthy and nutritious. This would also be a fun and seasonal 4th of July parfait to serve with the red and blue berries! Don’t want to use berries? You could also mix it up with some stone fruits like peaches or nectarines as well.
Sometimes simple is better, and this four ingredient dessert is it.
Tips for Making Coconut Whipped Cream
- Look for coconut cream instead of coconut milk. It will give you more of the solid part of the coconut milk that you need to whip up.
- You absolutely must refrigerate your coconut cream. We recommend doing so for 24 hours, but if you are in a pinch, 8 hours will work.
- Use powdered sugar as a sweetener. It helps thicken the consistency of the coconut cream. If you were avoiding refined sugar you could use honey, but it will result in a thinner whipped cream.
- Add vanilla to give it an extra flavor boost!
- Serve immediately. You can make it up to 4 hours ahead of time, but it can harden back up in the refrigerator if it’s left for much longer.
- If it does stiffen up too much in the refrigerator you can rewhip it again to get it to a consistency you desire.
Other Toppings for this Dairy Free Parfait Recipe
Want to add some extra toppings in to this parfait while still keeping it healthy?
- Chopped nuts
- Chopped dark chocolate
- Nut butter drizzle
If you like this summer dessert, check out these others:
- Gluten-Free Cherry Pie Bars
- S’mores Pie (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-Free Key Lime Tart
- Healthy Berry Cobbler (Gluten-Free)
- 1-15 ounce can coconut cream, cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar (see note for other option)
- 2 cups fresh organic berries (or fruit of choice)
- Garnish with fresh mint, optional
- Whip the cream: Add the coconut cream to a bowl of an electric mixer, taking care not to add any of the thin coconut milk. Whip the cold coconut cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and whip for an additional minute.
- In a jar or cup, layer fruit and coconut whipped cream
- Garnish with mint and serve.
- Always keep a can of coconut cream in your refrigerator so you can whip this up quickly!
- If you wanted to avoid refined sugars completely, you can substitute 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup for the powdered sugar, but the coconut cream will be a bit thin.
- This recipe was originally published in July 2013, and updated and republished in July 2019.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!