This Easy and Healthy Berry Cobbler recipe is my new favorite Summer dessert. This healthy cobbler recipe is packed with fresh or frozen berries and topped with the best gluten-free biscuits. It will be your favorite dessert of summer!
Healthy Berry Cobbler
Think Summer cookouts, 4th of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day! Everyone will love this paleo berry cobbler. It’s a perfect one-skillet dessert that’s easy to prepare, and can be devoured by a crowd! You will be in love with our homemade paleo biscuits, too!
Can you use frozen fruit instead of fresh?
Yes, you can, but with some adjustments.
Can you sub other fruit, like peaches?
Want more gluten-free summer dessert recipes? Try these favorites:
- 1 cup sifted almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed and cold
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- Optional: coarse sugar for sprinkling at the end
Berry Filling Ingredients
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F
- Make biscuits: In a bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add in cold cubed butter and using a pastry cutter or your fingers break up the butter into the flour mixture until it is in small pieces.
- Add in applesauce, egg , and butter and mix to completely combine. Using your hands, roll dough into 6 balls and then using your hands pat the balls into a biscuit shape about 2-1/2" in diameter and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the blueberries, strawberries, lemon zest and juice, arrowroot, lemon and sugar until well combined and pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish or large cast iron skillet.
- Top berries with the the biscuits. Sprinkle biscuits with extra sugar if adding.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. (See note on how to cook frozen fruit) Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Serve warm with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!
- Can you omit the arrowroot? It helps thicken the berry mixture! It will be watery without.
- You can use a mix of other berries, too!!
- If cooking with frozen fruit, bake an extra 10 minutes uncovered.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!