These cherry pie bars are gluten-free, grain-free, and the ultimate summer dessert!
Cherry Pie Bars
All Summer our fridge is stocked with cherries. I mean, aren’t they just the BEST!? I made these cherry bars twice last week and we (and our friends) loved them. I made them with both variations of crust and they are just amazing. Go use those cherries and make them right now!
Look at that crust and sweet goo-ey cherry pie filling.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter OR coconut oil*, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Combine crust ingredients and press into the bottom of the pan
- Bake for 10 minutes
- While baking, combine filling ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and mix often- until filling becomes thick, cherries become soft, and cherry sauce thickens
- In a bowl mix together crumb toppings
- Pour filling onto base and drop crumb topping across the top
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving
- Store in refrigerator
- *I've made these both ways. The butter makes it more like a shortbread flavor, whereas the coconut oil has a slightly different taste. Both great.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!