These Cookie Truffles are the CUTEST gluten-free treat that you can make for any occasion. They’re made using a handful of ingredients, including our favorite gluten-free chocolate cookie, are no bake and are so easy they’d be a great activity to do with the kids! Perfect to serve up for any fun event! Think Christmas, Hanukkah, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, or just for a sweet treat! Made in partnership with my friends at Simple Mills!
How cute are these gluten-free Cookie Truffles? They are a super easy treat to put together and they are SO DELICIOUS! I was inspired to make these based off of those Oreo truffles that you see all over the internet. I won’t lie, that version is good, but the ingredients in them are no longer a part of my diet so I knew when planning for halloween recipes that it was time to re-create it!
The truffles couldn’t be easier to make! They use minimal ingredients with super simple directions and could definitely be a fun family activity to get in to the halloween spirit. We decorated our truffles as mummies, which include a white chocolate coating, but we’re also including substitutes to make dairy free versions using dairy free dark chocolate and dairy free cream cheese. We tested both versions and both were equally delicious.
A few notes and tips on making Cookie and Cream Truffles:
- To crush the cookies you can either do so in a food processor, or you can place the cookies in a zip tight bag and roll over them with a rolling pin. We did it both ways and the outcome of the cookies were the same either way! Because it involved washing less dishes we preferred doing it by hand with a bag and rolling pin.
- Make sure to cool the cookie truffles before coating with the chocolate! This helps the truffle hold its shape, and it helps the chocolate set quicker. If you are making the mummy version, make sure to also cool the white chocolate coated truffles before piping or drizzling on the stripes.
- When decorating the mummies with the stripes, move quickly to place on the chocolate chips “eyes” because the white chocolate can set quickly.
- Choose a high quality white chocolate! We found a few versions that had only about 6 ingredients! If doing a dairy free dark chocolate truffle make sure to check that the chocolate you buy is dairy free.
Best Store-bought Cookies to Use for Cookie Truffles
The most important element to this recipe is the cookie! I came across Simple Mills products a few months ago and was instantly in love. The crackers were the first product I tried and I loved how much they reminded me of my beloved childhood saltine. Now, they’re a staple in my house and have since tried many more of the products. So when I was looking for the best cookie to make these truffles I knew Simple Mills would be it! I find them in many grocery stores, on Thrive Market, and on Amazon here! When we tested these cookie truffles, we were blown away by these crunchy cookies and knew they were the answer for our convenient no-bake treat!
If you like this easy treat, check out these others:
These Cookie Truffles are the CUTEST gluten-free treat that you can make for any occasion. They’re made using a handful of ingredients, including our favorite gluten-free chocolate cookie, are no bake and are so easy they’d be a great activity to do with the kids! Perfect to serve up for any fun event!
- Author: Lexi
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 28 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-free
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (see note for dairy free)
- ¼ cup organic powdered sugar or 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2– 5.5oz boxes Simple Mills Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces good-quality white chocolate or dark chocolate
- Chocolate chips, to garnish
- Other garnish ideas: Crushed Candy Canes, Sprinkles, etc.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Crush chocolate cookies either with a food processor, or by hand in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, until finely ground.
- Add ground cookies and vanilla extract to cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll into balls, roughly about 28 and place on a small baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Place in refrigerator to firm up, at least 20 minutes, or 1 hour.
- Melt white chocolate, using preferred method (see note), and let cool slightly before moving on to next step, about 5-10 minutes.
- Using a fork dip each truffle in melted white chocolate until fully coated and excess chocolate has dripped back into the bowl. Place truffle back on the baking sheet and continue until all are coated.
- Return to the refrigerator to cool white chocolate coating, at least 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled finish decorating. Either place white chocolate in a piping bag with a small opening and drizzle over one truffle at a time (this method makes for less waste of white chocolate), or using a spoon drizzle the white chocolate over the truffle to make a mummy design. Immediately place two mini chocolate chips on truffles to make mummy eyes before drizzled white chocolate has cooled. Continue with this pattern until all truffles are decorated. (see note)
- Store in refrigerator for 3-5 days until ready to serve.
This post is sponsored by Simple Mills. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!