Double Chocolate Muffins
Double Chocolate Muffins/Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon Enjoy Life's mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened organic applesauce or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure organic raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Add 1/2 scoop protein powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F and line a muffin pan with muffin liners of choice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add in chocolate chips, and mix until well combined. Pour batter into the muffin pan, making sure to fill each muffin liner 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- *Frost these with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting from page 288 of the Lexi's Clean Kitchen cookbook!
- ** This recipe yields 6 cupcakes, double the recipe to make 12.
- ** Photos updated May 8th, 2017.
June 25, 2013
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!