These Double Chocolate Muffins are so moist and delicious! The perfect morning treat to wake up to! Eat them plain or top them with some melted chocolate of choice for a delicious dessert option. Grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and done in 20 minutes!
Sometimes you just need a treat (in moderation) and these double chocolate muffins are great for when you are craving chocolate! Just the right amount of sweetness and moist on the inside but crumbly on the outside = muffin perfection.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon Enjoy Life's mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened organic applesauce or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure organic raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Add 1/2 scoop protein powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F and line a muffin pan with muffin liners of choice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add in chocolate chips, and mix until well combined. Pour batter into the muffin pan, making sure to fill each muffin liner 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- *Frost these with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting from page 288 of the Lexi's Clean Kitchen cookbook!
- ** This recipe yields 6 cupcakes, double the recipe to make 12.
- ** Photos updated May 8th, 2017.
Loading nutrition data...
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!