This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread is the perfect way to use up all the zucchini that summer brings, while also sneaking in some veggies in a healthy treat. This zucchini bread is so moist and decadent while still being nutrient-dense, Paleo-friendly and dairy-free!
Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This Zucchini Bread is a delicious treat that nobody will even think there is zucchini added to it! This bread is decadent while still being healthy and will be sure to become a staple every summer in your house. This healthy Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini bread is made with almond flour and so dang delicious! It’s easily made in 1-bowl and is paleo friendly and dairy-free. The zucchini adds just the right amount of moisture to the bread and we of course love the added nutrition!
Here is what you need to make it:
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Sugar
- Espresso Powder
- Baking Powder
- Sea Salt
- Chocolate Chips
- Avocado Oil
- Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
Can you leave out the Espresso Powder?
Yes! Espresso powder just enhances the chocolate flavor. It’s a minimal amount, but if you want to avoid any caffeine feel free to omit this ingredient.
Why Apple Sauce?
You won’t taste it at all! Apple sauce is a great ingredient to use to add moisture to a bread without needed to add lots of oil. While there is still oil in here, I like to use apple sauce in combination with it to get the right texture.
How to Store this Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Store this bread in the refrigerator or freezer after it has been cooled. In the refrigerator it will last a couple of days. You can leave it at room temperature for a few hours to take the chill off if desired. It will last up to 1 month in the freezer. Let it sit at room temperature uncovered to defrost.
If you like this zucchini recipe, check out these others:
- Zucchini Spaghetti with Homemade Meat Sauce
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- Carrot & Zucchini Bars
- Chipotle Slaw with Zucchini
If you like this gluten-free baking recipe, check out these others:
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Muffins (Gluten-Free and Nut-Free)
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake (with dairy free whipped cream)
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake (Easy Sheet Cake)
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups 196 grams almond flour
- 3 tablespoons 21 grams coconut flour
- 1/4 cup 28 grams cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and line a 9" x 5" (1.5 quart) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, apple sauce, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
- To the bowl add almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, espresso, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt and mix very well until fully combined.
- Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Place in the loaf pan and smooth down the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the oven is clean with just a few moist crumbs.