This homemade bark is the best holiday gift! It’s delicious, customizable, and festive. Everybody will love these gift bags, and the bonus of a copper cookie cutter!
Day 3 of DIY Gift Week is here!
Monday: Espresso Candied Pecans
Tuesday: Best Ever Chicken Rub
Today: HOMEMADE BARK!
When I was a teacher, a student brought me in a package of homemade bark made in cookie cutters, and it was the cutest, most festive holiday treat! I’ll be gift giving bark all season long!
What you’ll need:
Card Stock (White) Card Stock (Brown)Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 10 oz. bag dark chocolate or chocolate of choice
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Caramel from the Lexi’s Clean Kitchen Cookbook
- 1–2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2– 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried bing cherries, golden raisins, or dried fruit of choice
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds of choice, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Heat chocolate using a double broiler method (Bring one inch of water to a simmer in a small pot. Set the heatproof bowl over the mouth of the pot (water should not touch the bottom of the bowl). Stir chocolate as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat and stir to melt the rest).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour out chocolate and lightly spread into a rectangle onto parchment paper. Place into the fridge until bark hardens.
- If using cookie cutters: lightly grease and pour chocolate to desired thickness (1/4 inch or so). Add toppings and place in fridge until bark hardens.
- Wrap in cellophane with a bow for the perfect holiday gift!
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to gift.
Download your free printable labels here!
Try these bark variations:
Grab your free printable labels here!
Happy DIY gift week! Check back for more the rest of the week!
December 7, 2016
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!