Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/instant-pot-teriyaki-chicken/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
This easy-to-make Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken is made with only 8 ingredients and no unrefined sweeteners. It is simple, flavorful and perfect for a weeknight dinner. It’ll be loved by both kids and adults alike and it just so happens to be gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo!
- If preparing ahead and placing in the freezer: Gather your ingredients and place everything except the arrowroot and water, in a gallon sized freezer bag and seal tightly. Storage flat in the freezer. To defrost, place in the refrigerator the night before.
- To cook: Combine all of the ingredients in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Set the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes with a quick pressure release once finished.
- Make a slurry: whisk together the arrowroot with 2 tablespoons water. Press the saute function on the Instant Pot. Pour in half of the slurry mixture and mix together. If not thickened enough, add in the remaining slurry, until the sauce has reached your desired consistency. Shut off the saute function.
- Serve hot with white rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and cilantro.
- Want to make this even easier and cook some rice alongside the chicken? Check out the body of the post for information on how to do this.
- To make this in the slow cooker:
- Place all of the ingredients except the arrowroot and water in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 6-8.
- 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, make a slurry by whisking together the arrowroot and the water. Pour in half of the slurry mixture and mix together with the sauce. Close the lid and let cook for 10 minutes. Check the sauce consistency. If it has not thickened enough add the remaining arrowroot mixture.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.