This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This one-bowl Israeli Salad is the perfect refreshing Spring and Summer side-dish! I like to make a big bowl of it and keep it in the fridge all week long! The flavors from the lemon, tomatoes, onion, and herbs go so nicely with almost anything!
Israeli Salad Recipe
I discovered the delicious Israeli salad a number of years back on a trip to Israel and I have loved it ever since. I often forget about this simple salad, and go a long time without making it. This summer I am teaching art classes at the Jewish Community Center and have rediscovered my love for it, as they often have it in the Cafe. Now that your tomatoes are ripening, get ready to make this delicious salad all season long! Low-carb, vegan-friendly option, and so so simple to toss together!
Ingredients for this Israeli Salad:
- Ripe tomatoes
- Red onion
- Italian parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Green pepper (0ptional)
- Chickpeas (optional)
How to Make it:
This isn’t complicated to make, but does involve some chopping! Once that’s done, place all the ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat!
How long will this last?
I keep this salad for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, but it is best served within 2-3 days.
If you like this salad recipe, check out these others:
- Chopped Antipasto Salad with Chicken
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Salad
- Gluten-Free BLT Pasta Salad
- Taco Chicken Salad
- 3 large cucumbers or 4-5 small, finely chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- 1 green pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas rinsed and drained (optional)
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and parsley in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in lemon juice, olive oil, and spices and mix well to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.