This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This healthy Taco Chicken Salad recipe is the perfect switch up from your classic chicken salad recipe. All the taco flavors you love, made into a great meal prep lunch recipe. Gluten-free and paleo-friendly, and a perfect, kid-friendly chicken salad!
Taco Chicken Salad
This chicken taco salad recipe is a perfect spin on my favorite lunch. I made chicken salad weekly on Sundays for our meal prep to have for the next few days for lunch, and I simply love this spin on a classic chicken salad.
Serve this chicken salad over a salad, as lettuce wraps, in tortillas, as sandwiches, and so many other ways! It’s versatile, packed with veggies and protein, and a great lunch to prepare ahead of time!
How many days can you keep homemade chicken salad?
I like to keep my homemade chicken salad for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator!
Want other chicken salad recipes? Try these:
Chicken Taco Salad Recipe
Taco Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded chicken see notes
- 1-15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers finely diced
- 1/2 cup pickled jalepeño finely diced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce finely sliced
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup good quality mayonnaise
1 tablespoon taco seasoning:
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- In a large bowl add all ingredients except mayo and taco seasoning and combine.
- In a small bowl mix together mayo and 1 tablespoon taco seasoning and add to chicken mixture.
- Serve immediately or place in containers in refrigerator for later.