These Italian-Style Paleo Mini Meatloaf Muffins make for a convenient and hearty make ahead meal prep, or a delicious dinner idea! They are gluten-free, low carb and just what you should be running to the kitchen to cook up right now.
Paleo Mini Meatloaf Recipe
These Italian-Style Paleo Mini Meatloaves are meal prep perfection! The meatloaf muffins are loaded with veggies, spices, and delicious sauce… A great variation on a meat dish, right? I love that these are made in a muffin tin because it makes for the perfect serving of protein. Pair them with a quick side salad, zoodles, spaghetti squash or pasta and you’ve got a complete meal.
If you are looking for a classic meatloaf recipe, check out our Gluten Free Classic Meatloaf recipe.
Traditional meatloaf uses breadcrumbs to help tenderize the meat. In our gluten free and paleo meatloaf recipe, we’re using almond flour to do this instead. Almond flour will not only help hold the meatloaf together, when mixed with eggs, but it also adds some extra fat to the meatloaf which helps keep it tender.
Paleo Mini Meatloaf Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Grass Fed Ground Beef
- Marinara Sauce
- Almond Flour
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
How to Serve it
Honestly we loved these for meal prep, a kid-friendly snack or even if you’re feeling adventurous a quick breakfast! You can warm it in a toaster oven, your regular oven or in a microwave on the go. We also enjoyed them cold, but that’s totally up to you!
If you like this meal prep recipe, check out these others:
If you like this recipe using ground beef, check out these others:
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Sauté onion, mushrooms, and garlic until translucent, let cool slightly.
- In one large bowl combine slightly cooled onion mixture, beef, egg, carrot, 1/4 cup marinara sauce, almond flour, and spices and mix well until completely combined.
- Divide the meatloaf mixture into 6 muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and serve with the remaining tomato sauce and garnish with fresh parmesan and fresh basil.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!