This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This healthy asian paleo beef recipe, made mostly in the slow cooker, is the perfect make ahead lunch or dinner! It’s paired with cauliflower “rice” and veggies and is a great low-carb, whole30 and paleo meal prep. Double the recipe and you can also make it dinner one night and lunch for the next few days!
Paleo Asian Beef Rice Bowl
This Whole30, Keto and Paleo Asian Beef and Rice bowl is a great addition to your meal prep rotation! The savory shredded beef is cooked in a slow cooker and then served with veggies, paleo cauliflower rice and a really delicious asian style sauce. We use onions, red pepper and broccoli but you can really swap out with any veggies you have on hand that you think will go well in this dish like carrots, bok choy, or cauliflower.
What You Need to Make this Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Recipe:
- Boneless chuck roast (feel free to double this amount if you want extra meat for future meals)
- Coconut aminos (this is a soy-free and gluten-free alternative to soy sauce)
- Coconut sugar
- Rice wine vinegar
- Toasted sesame oil
- Cauliflower (to make the grain-free “rice”)
- Red bell pepper
- Broccoli florets
- Sesame seeds
Can You Use Premade or Frozen Cauliflower Rice?
Yes! We take advantage of frozen cauliflower all the time, and love that it’s readily available now. There isn’t much difference between fresh or frozen except that the frozen can hold a little bit more water in it. So if you don’t want to do the extra step of making your own cauliflower rice, feel free to use premade!
If you like this asian inspired recipe, check out these others:
- Paleo Mongolian Beef
- Paleo Chicken and Broccoli
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Paleo Chicken Stir Fry
- Egg Roll Soup
Paleo Asian Beef and “Rice” Meal Prep
For Asian Beef:
- 2 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar omit for Whole30
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Optional: Pinch red pepper flakes
For Paleo "Rice" and Veggies:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper cored and sliced
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets about 1” pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt to taste
- 2 scallions sliced, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Season the beef with salt. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add oil. Sear the meat on all sides until it forms a nice crust.
- Place the meat in a slow cooker with the remaining ingredients for the asian beef. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. Once done, remove from the slow cooker and shred, discarding any fat.
- To make the cauliflower “rice” bowls: Pulse cauliflower in food processor until rice-sized pieces form.
- Heat a large pan of medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once hot and half of the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cauliflower “rice” and a pinch of salt and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until softened. Remove from heat and divide into 4 meal prep containers.
- To the pan add the remaining oil and garlic. Add in veggies and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add in coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, red pepper flakes and shredded beef and let cook together for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Divide the beef and veggie mixture on top of cauliflower rice and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.