This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Spaghetti Squash Primavera is the perfect healthier spin on the Italian classic! Loaded with seasonal veggies, protein, and flavorful spices, it is the perfect hearty and nutritious meal for any night of the week! Dairy-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, and no added sugar!
Spaghetti Squash Primavera
I love Italian cuisine! I mean who doesn’t love combining meat, fresh vegetables, garlic, oil, and homemade tomato sauce? A ton of the dishes I make are Italian-inspired. This dish fulfills that delicious pasta craving, without the pasta! My version of “pasta” primavera is made with spaghetti squash and is the perfect combination of garlic, spices, meat, and vegetables!
Watch the video:
Spaghetti Squash Primavera [VIDEO]
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked in warm water for a few minutes, drained and then roughly chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes quartered
- 4 asparagus sliced thinly
- 1 head broccoli sliced into bite-sized florets
- 1/4 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper more to tase
- Fine sea salt more to taste
- 2 handfuls fresh organic spinach
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breast cooked as desired*
- 10 shrimp cooked**
- Optional: 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes, grape tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli and spices. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until broccoli and asparagus begin to soften.
- Add in spaghetti squash and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss in spinach and cook just until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Place in desired serving bowls and top with fresh parmesan, chicken, and shrimp. Serve warm.