This Spaghetti Squash Primavera is the perfect healthier spin on the Italian classic! Loaded with seasonal veggies, protein, and flavorful spices, it is the perfect hearty and nutritious meal for any night of the week! Dairy-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, and no added sugar!
Spaghetti Squash Primavera
I love Italian cuisine! I mean who doesn’t love combining meat, fresh vegetables, garlic, oil, and homemade tomato sauce? A ton of the dishes I make are Italian-inspired. This dish fulfills that delicious pasta craving, without the pasta! My version of “pasta” primavera is made with spaghetti squash and is the perfect combination of garlic, spices, meat, and vegetables!
Watch the video:
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water for a few minutes, drained and then roughly chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 asparagus, sliced thinly
- 1 head broccoli, sliced into bite-sized florets
- 1/4 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, more to tase
- Fine sea salt, more to taste
- 2 handfuls fresh organic spinach
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breast, cooked as desired*
- 10 shrimp, cooked**
- Optional: 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Roast spaghetti squash.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes, grape tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli and spices. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until broccoli and asparagus begin to soften.
- Add in spaghetti squash and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss in spinach and cook just until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Place in desired serving bowls and top with fresh parmesan, chicken, and shrimp. Serve warm.
- We recommend grilling, pan-frying, or baking your chicken with a generous amount of seasoning. Pat the chicken dry. Rub with sea salt, ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Either grill or pan-fry for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through, or bake at 400 degrees °F for 10 minutes or until no pink remains.
- Cook the shrimp: In a small skillet heat 1 teaspoon oil of choice over medium-high heat. Add in shrimp. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides, or until pink and fully cooked.
- Recipe updated March, 2017.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!