Moroccan Chicken Burgers with Special Sauce
These Moroccan Ground Chicken Burgers are packed with flavor and make for the perfect light chicken burger! You’ll love them paired with this delicious simple sauce.
Moroccan Ground Chicken Burgers Recipe
These healthy ground chicken burgers are my all-time favorite. They are light, flavorful, and perfect for a weeknight or weekend dinner. They are made with ground chicken and made special with added carrots and Moroccan flavors. And don’t forget to dress them up with all your favorite fixin’s and add that special sauce!
I love food that is Moroccan flavored, no surprise given previously published recipes such as Moroccan Chermoula Carrots, One Pan Moroccan Fish and Moroccan Eggplant. And I can’t deny my love for Moroccan food didn’t fuel my desire to travel to Morocco two years ago!
- Ground chicken
- Salt and Pepper
- Cayenne pepper
Tips for Making Chicken Hamburgers
Making burgers from ground chicken can be a sticky situation! Mix up the ingredients with a silicone / rubber spatula to avoid getting your hands covered. Then when you are ready to form the patties make sure you have a bowl of fresh cold water near you. Having wet hands makes it easier to work with the chicken mixture!
If you like this lightened up burger recipe, check out these others:
- Baked Chicken Caesar Salad Burgers
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Thai Turkey Burgers with Spicy Sriracha Slaw
- Paleo Veggie Mushroom Burgers
Watch the video:
Moroccan Chicken Burger
These Moroccan Ground Chicken Burgers are packed with flavor and make for the perfect light Spring or Summer chicken burger! You'll love them paired with this delicious simple sauce.
For Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 onion grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1-inch chunk ginger, grated (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot (About 1 carrot, grated)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
For Special Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint, sliced
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken with all remaining burger ingredients and mix well to combine. Form into 4 patties. If the chicken mixture is sticky, wet your hands before forming each patty.
- Prepare grill and or grill pan. Place burgers onto the grill and cook for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked through.
- While grilling whisk together whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Assemble burgers and serve immediately.
August 2, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!