This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Moroccan-inspired Burgers are packed with flavor and make for the perfect light chicken burger recipe! You’ll love them paired with the special Moroccan sauce that take these from ordinary to extraordinary.
Moroccan Ground Chicken Burger Recipe
These healthy ground chicken burgers are my all-time favorite. They are light, flavorful, and perfect for a weeknight or weekend dinner. They are made with ground chicken and made special with added carrots and Moroccan flavors. And don’t forget to dress them up with all your favorite fixin’s and add that special sauce!
I love food that is Moroccan flavored, no surprise given previously published recipes such as Moroccan Chermoula Carrots, One Pan Moroccan Fish and Moroccan Eggplant. And I can’t deny my love for Moroccan food didn’t fuel my desire to travel to Morocco a few years ago!
Here is an overview of the ingredients used in this recipe.
- Ground Chicken
- Salt and Pepper
- Cayenne pepper
Ground Chicken: Want to use ground turkey here or another ground meat? Go for it!
Sriracha: Feel free to omit if you don’t want any heat.
Tips for Making Chicken Hamburgers
Making burgers from ground chicken can be a sticky situation! Mix up the ingredients with a silicone / rubber spatula to avoid getting your hands covered. Then when you are ready to form the patties make sure you have a bowl of fresh cold water near you. Having wet hands makes it easier to work with the chicken mixture!
How to Serve Chicken Burgers
Chicken burgers aren’t much different than serving up regular ground beef burgers. But there is one thing not to be missed with this recipe: the special sauce! Be sure to liberally serve the special sauce with these chicken burgers because it really makes them special!
Aside from serving the burgers with the special sauce, you can either go traditional and serve on a burger bun with lettuce, onion and tomato or you can go the lighter route and serve these burgers on a lettuce wrapped bun!
To make a lettuce bun, simple choose big hearty pieces of lettuce (iceberg works well for this task!) and put 1-2 pieces on each side of the burger for a “bun”.
Watch the video:
If you like this lightened up burger recipe, check out these others:
- Baked Chicken Caesar Salad Burgers
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Thai Turkey Burgers with Spicy Sriracha Slaw
- Paleo Veggie Mushroom Burgers
Moroccan Chicken Burgers with Special Sauce
For Chicken Burgers:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 onion grated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1- inch chunk ginger grated (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot About 1 carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
For Special Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo homemade or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint sliced
- Burger Buns
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Tomato
- Sliced Red Onion
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken with all remaining burger ingredients and mix well to combine. Form into 4 patties. If the chicken mixture is sticky, wet your hands before forming each patty.
- Prepare grill and or grill pan. Place burgers onto the grill and cook for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked through to a temperature of 165ºF.
- While grilling whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Assemble burgers and serve immediately.