With a little creativity you can have endless varieties of popsicles all summer long! And don’t just think of popsicles as a treat, a popsicle can be made as healthy as you want and can even make a great on-the-go morning breakfast. This guide will walk you through How to Make Homemade Popsicles!
How to Make Homemade Popsicles
Popsicles not only make a great treat, but they can be a healthy one as well! And there are endless possibilities for what you can put in a popsicle. Follow this guide to make your own popsicle creation!
To make a popsicle it is easiest if you have a popsicle mold, popsicle sticks, and a good blender. Sure there are ways to get around a popsicle mold, such as using paper cups, but trust me when I say investing in a reusable popsicle mold is worth it!
Your base is the bulk of what makes up your popsicle! You can go as simple as coconut water, or you can pick whole fruits as your base, or you can go creamy and use yogurt or coconut milk. Next you want to think about some additional flavors to use in your popsicle. If you didn’t choose a fruit for a base, you’ll want to pick something especially flavorful. And keep in mind if this is to be served as dessert or as a healthy treat. Some good options for a base and some added flavor are:
- Fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, peach, raspberry, pineapple or cherry!
- Creamy base such as yogurt, almond milk, coconut milk, or even cashew cream!
- Flavorful add in’s such as nut butters, chocolate, cocoa powder, extracts, fresh herbs!
How to Layer a Popsicle
Freeze each layer until it sets. Then when you put your next layer it won’t bleed into the one below it!
Check out these popsicle recipes:
- 3 cups of base such as fruit
- 1/2 cup add in's such as chopped fruit or chocolate
- Flavorful additions
- Pick your Ingredients
- Place into blender
- Add in any additional whole pieces you want in the popsicle
- Place in popsicle mold insert popsicle stick.
- Freeze until firm.
- To get popsicles out submerge molds briefly into warm water until pops being to release, or wrap in a warm damp towel until pops begin to release.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!