This Tomato, Eggplant, and Chickpea Ragout is both light and hearty! It is customizable with your favorite protein, and is so delicious!
December is officially here and I am transitioning from my Fall favorites to Winter dishes. As it gets cooler, I love topping my dinners; whether chicken, steak, or seafood, with a warm ragout. The best part of this Tomato, Eggplant, and Chickpea Ragout is that it tops any protein of choice perfectly. Plus, it’s easy to throw together!
What are your go-to Winter dishes?
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/2 white onion
- Optional: 1 cup fresh spinach
- Protein of choice: I love this with 1 pound wild salmon filets
- In a large skillet heat oil and garlic.
- Peel and cube eggplant and add to skillet (and optional onion if you are adding it). Saute for 7 minutes, mixing often.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and add to skillet, let cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add in diced tomatoes and spices, let cook for 5 minutes (add optional spinach here), then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired and serve with protein of choice.
- I served mine with pan-seared wild-caught salmon, but this dish is delicious with chicken or pork
Loading nutrition data...
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!