These Italian-Style Mini Meatloaves are meal prep perfection! Italian meatloaf, loaded with veggies, spices, and delicious sauce… A great variation on a meat dish, right? I thinks so, especially when made into a mini-size that is the perfect serving of protein.
The trouble I have always found is that many meatloaf recipes contain bread/breadcrumbs, sugar and other ingredients that make them not an ideal recipe for clean eaters or the allergy-friendly folk. I bring you an Italian-style meatloaf that clean, allergy-friendly, and is bursting with flavor!
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh parmesan for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If your muffin tin isn't non-stick, lightly grease.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Sauté onion, mushrooms, and garlic until translucent.
- In one large bowl combine beef, cooked veggies, spices, egg, almond flour, and 1/4 cup of tomato sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Fill the muffin pan with the meatloaf mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and serve with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Optional: garnish with fresh parmesan and fresh basil.
Serve with your favorite roasted vegetables or zucchini noodles on the side!
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!