These Eggplant Meatballs are perfect for a Meatless Monday meal (any day of the week of course, but the title is catchy)! Most of my main dishes combine both a vegetable and a protein (whether wild-caught fish, organic chicken, or a grass-fed meat), but sometimes you just want to switch it up!
These eggplant meatballs have a soft meaty texture. If you love eggplant, and are looking for a meatless meatballs dish, you’ll love these!
And number two: this weekend I taught a 3-hour cooking class to an awesome group of 15 people at the Boston Center of Adult Education. The class was called “A Clean Eating Paleo Dinner Party” and on the menu was: Tropical Shrimp Ceviche Cups, Spaghetti Squash Chicken Pad Thai, Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, my Honey Lime Fruit Salad with Cinnamon Sugar Chips, and some fresh coconut whipped cream. The class was fun, filled with great vibes, and everybody loved the food! The Tropical Shrimp Ceviche Cups (I’ll post them soon), and the cookies were definitely hits on the day!
For the Eggplant Meatballs
- 1 medium size eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour, more as needed based on eggplant size
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!