Looking for an easy and delicious snack idea? These healthy Eggplant Parm Bites are crunchy and crispy and seasoned just right! Like a little bit of an eggplant Parm, but made healthy, gluten-free and optionally dairy-free. Serve as a snack or as an appetizer!
Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan Bites
These Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan Bites are highly addictive! With a crispy crunchy coating made from almond flour, they are pan fried and served with your favorite marinara sauce. They’ll be loved be all! While this recipe makes enough to serve about 4-6 people, you may be left wishing you had double or tripled the recipe because they are THAT good!
How to Make Eggplant Parm Bites
Like any eggplant parmesan dish you are doing to start off with a breading situation! First you’ll whisk up your eggs to help the breading stick! As always, make sure to season as you go so add in a pinch of salt and pepper to your eggs.
Here we are using our classic gluten-free breading mix which is made up of almond flour and seasoning. To make this eggplant “parmesan” we added in parmesan cheese. If you are strictly dairy-free go ahead and leave that out. We tested it both ways and both were delicious.
Go ahead and cut up your eggplant into bite sizes pieces, about 1″ or so. Sprinkle with salt and then begin breading the eggplant!
First the eggplant goes in the egg to coat. Next it’s coated with the almond flour “breadcrumbs” and finally it’s fried! I use avocado oil when I fry because it’s a great healthy fat with a high smoke point, but you can use whatever you are comfortable with that is good for frying.
After you have lightly fried the eggplant cubes, serve immediately with your favorite marinara. Seriously, you’re going to love these!
Ingredients for Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan Bites
- Almond Flour
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Granules
- Avocado oil, for frying
- Marinara sauce, for serving
If you like this seasonal eggplant recipe, check out these others:
- Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula Sauce
- Loaded Grilled Eggplant with Creamy Herb Sauce
- Eggplant Meatballs
If you like this gluten-free snack recipe, check out these others:
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fruit Leather
- Apple Nachos
- How to Make Gluten Free Crackers
- Mint Chip Energy Bites
- 2 cup (196 grams) almond flour
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, more for sprinkling
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Avocado oil, for frying
- 1/2-1 cup favorite marinara or pizza sauce, store-bought or homemade
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut eggplant into 1" cubes and sprinkle with sea salt. (see note)
- Place cubed eggplant into egg mixture, a few at a time.
- Transfer eggplant cubes into the almond flour mixture and coat evenly. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat enough oil to cover 1/2 to-1 inch of your skillet.
- Once oil is hot, working in batches transfer eggplant cubes to the skillet.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with any remaining eggplant cubes.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce!
- You can peel the eggplant or leave the peel on for more nutritional value! The breading sticks better without the peel, but it does still work with it on.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!