There’s something about cookie bars that are just so different from your standard cookie. They are the perfect mid-day treat, party treat, or treat to frost and celebrate with!
Everyone of my trusty taste-testers (family, friends, neighbors) have raved about these cookies. The absolute perfect texture!
Warm classic cookies loaded with warm chocolate chunks. Pair them with a nice tall glass of almond milk!
Paleo Cookie Bars
Write a review
- 2 tbsp palm shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients, minus the chocolate chunks
- Add in the wet ingredient and mix until combined
- Add in the chocolate chunks
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper*
- Pour in batter and spread evenly
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool COMPLETELY before cutting, bars will become more dense as they cool
- *If you have only a larger baking dish, line with parchment paper and spread batter on only one side of the dish, leaving the other half empty! I made a batch this way and they came out perfect.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/