This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like a chocolate chip cookie, but in bar form which means more of that ooey-gooey soft middle! These Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie bars are easy to put together, using just 1-bowl and no fancy equipment. Made without any refined sugar, and using nutrient-dense baking flours, these chocolate-studded bars are not only delicious but one you can feel good about eating.
But what’s more is that we really simplified the steps needed to make this cookie by using just 1 bowl and a sturdy spoon to mix the dough all together. Which means you can have fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies on your table quickly. So what are you waiting for?
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Sugar
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chunks
Flours: We haven’t tried this with any other flours. If you do experiment, let us know how it goes!
Coconut Sugar: This can likely be swapped with maple sugar, or even brown sugar, but we don’t recommend swapping it with honey or maple syrup.
Eggs: We haven’t tried this with an egg substitute.
Butter: You can use equal parts room temperature coconut oil.
Chocolate Chips: Want to add in something else, or in addition, to chocolate chips? Go for it. We’re thinking nuts would be good in this!
How to Make GF Cookie Bars
I love how easy this recipe is! Anytime you only need 1 bowl, a few ingredients and less than 30 minutes to get a sweet treat on the table is a winning recipe to me. To make this recipe:
- Preheat the oven and prepare a baking pan! We recommend putting in a parchment sling for easy removal.
- Mix together the dry.
- Add in the wet.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the baking dish, and bake!
Storing Cookie Bars
As with any cookie bar recipe, these are pretty awesome on the day they are made. On day 1, the edges are nice and crispy and the middle is soft. The good news is that they’ll also pretty awesome days later when stored at room temperature or even in the freezer! You can store these in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or the freezer for up to 6 months. Our family loves eating these cold, straight from the freezer, but you can also let it sit at room temperature to warm up for about 20 minutes.
Watch the video here:
If you like this sweet treat, check out these others:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cookies (With Maple Glaze)
- Healthy Carrot Zucchini Bars
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Coarse sea salt for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare an 8″ baking dish by greasing it and lining it with a parchment paper sling.
- To a large bowl, add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt and combine until it comes all together.
- Add in softened butter, egg, vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and place better into the prepared pan. The batter will be fairly thick. Using a spatula press the batter down evenly into the pan and smooth over the top (alternatively, simply wet hands lightly and gently pat the top to smooth it out). Add more chocolate chips, if desired, to the top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, 20 minutes for more underbaked-style.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Remove the bars gently from the pan with your parchment sling, and let cool on a rack.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if desired, then cut into 9 portions and enjoy.
I made these recently and I must say they are delicious! Like you said, they are great right from the freezer too if you have any left over to store. Thanks for an awesome recipe!
Made these for game night with some friends – everyone with different dietary preferences (some gluten & dairy free while other love all the gluten and dairy). These came out great and everyone loved them – I used coconut oil to make the dairy free as well as enjoy life chocolate chips. So good!
Such a great recipe, I finished the pan in 2 days. Perfect right from the freezer or with ice cream on top!